Chapter 24- I'll talk to him..

Nuska's pov
I was checking my Instagram feeds when the door bell rang and I hurried to open it thinking it was dad and Bhai who has arrived but was shocked to see yusuf and Sadiya, my cousins standing outside.

"Assalamu alaikum" I said and hugged Sadiya, who is not only my cousin but my best friend as well.

"Walaikum salam" they replied and entered the house.

We walked to the living room and sat on the sofa.

"Nuska, how are you?" Yusuf, Sadiya's brother questioned.

"I am good Bhai, how about you?" I asked.

"Good but remember I have a sister called Sadiya so my life isn't great like yours"

"Oh, really" Sadiya pinched his arm.

"Nuska I wish you was my sister. My life would have been a blessing" Yusuf teased Sadiya.

"Yes Bhai. I am always your sister" I said after which both yusuf and I started laughing.

"Bro, don't tease my friend. Poor kid she will get married in two weeks and will be gone to Ayaan's house and then you will be unhappy because you couldn't keep her happy in these last few days"

"Hmm.. thats right but once she goes to Ayaan's place she will definitely forget me because she will be having a nice time with him" Yusuf teased and yet again we started laughing while Sadiya blushed.

"Someone's blushing, huh?" I teased her to which she blushed more and ran to the kitchen where mom was helping the maid to prepare lunch.

"I am happy that your parents agreed to get her married to Ayaan" I told yusuf.

"I know right but sis give me some praises because I was the reason why they accepted Ayaan"

"Okay, the best brother in the world after Abdullah Bhai, May Allah bless you with a pious wife and many kids"

"That's nice of you" He said, "so what do you think of Zaid?" He added.

ZAID,  do I still remember him?
Obviously yes.
Why do you have to remind about him bhai?

"He is a nice person" I replied.

"Nuska, do you remember I told you about a friend of mine who became a Hafiz at the age of 13"

"Yes"

"And you even said that you wish you could get married to him"

"Yeah, so?" I asked confused.

"Do you want to see him?"

"Urm.. but why do you want me to see him?"

"Wait.. I'll show you his picture" Yusuf  said and came towards me and sat beside me but maintaining a distance.

"Ah... here he is" he mumbled after scrolling through his gallery.

He showed me his picture and my heart stopped beating, It was none other than Zaid.

Zaid..
My Zaid..

"Zaid?" I voiced out my thought, clearly shocked.

"Yes, Zaid Khan" He said but I remained silent because I was beyond shocked now.

He never told me he is a Hafiz..
I remember how he would recite beautifully when we pray together..
I have always told him, how much I love his voice whenever he recites.