Chapter-9- Guilty

"If something is meant to go elsewhere, it will never come your way, if it is yours by Destiny, from you it cannot flee" --- Umar Ibn al khattab.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Zaid's pov
Guilt, the only thing I could feel right now..
I went to the sofa just after Nuska went off to the bed clearly feeling guilty to the extreme level because I know she cried in the bathroom..
I am not deaf, I did hear her sobbing..

Obviously, which girl would not cry if her husband rejects her on the first day of their marriage.

Wait... If I have to correct that, few minutes after the marriage...

I really can't even do anything to comfort her because if I do she will definitely come to me always expecting for a comfort but I cannot let that happen..

My mom... she will never agree on this marriage no matter what as she wants me to marry Zara, my cousin..
This is the only reason why I am afraid to accept Nuska as my wife, because if I accept her, Nuska and I will be the only ones who will be hurt in the end...

True, you might be thinking why don't I have the courage to speak to mom about this....
The reason would be, I can't hurt mom because she is the one who bore so much of pain to bring me into this world so how do you think I will ever disobey her???

But then again how can I spoil an innocent girl's life..

When it comes to Zara, nope I do not love her nor care for her like I do care Nuska.. I don't know why but I can't see Nuska in pain...

I know she is very hurt, I saw it in her eyes, an eye which contains naughtiness and innocence, both mixed together, it really is one of the most beautiful pair of eyes I have ever seen..

Zaid...zaid... what's wrong with you?, my inner voice interrupted me..

Huh, did u go too much deep in thinking about her eyes..

If I stay with her for a few more days then definitely I will fall for her.
It's 100% sure..

Ya Allah,please save me from her..

She is not dangerous idiot, my brain said

She is not but live Is, my heart said to which I completely agreed to..

I was in deep thoughts when I heard someone scream..

I sat up and saw Nuska screaming..

Why is she screaming??

I immediately ran towards her and shook her by the shoulders.

"Nuska, wake up" I said tensed.

"Nuska" I shook her again, tapping on her cheeks and then she opened her eyes..

Beautiful..
It had fear on it, but why??

"Nuska what's wrong, why were you screaming?" I questioned her but she kept on staring at me.

"Nuska"

"Huh.. it's nothing" she replied

"Nothing?" I asked her

How can it be nothing, I know she had a nightmare.
She could tell me right??

"It's just a dream.. you don't have to act as if you really care" she replied harshly.