Chapter 25- Love the Devil, Indeed!

"The problem with love is: you can love who you want...
But so can they"
-unknown.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Zaid's pov
"Nuska, I know that you love sleeping but this is not the time to sleep so wake up" I tapped her cheeks, wiping my tears off.

"Nuska, wake up, please" I begged but the stubborn girl wouldn't open her eyes.

"If you don't open your eyes I am going to call you as devil, forever" I threatened her but she didn't open her eyes.

"Okay, sorry. I promise I won't call you devil so wake up like a good girl, quick" I got no response.

I was about to speak again when someone touched my shoulder and when I turned around I saw dad standing.

"Zaid, Nuska is no more and you have to accept it. Her time has arrived and now she has gone to meet Allah" Dad said.

"Dad, you are lying. I know that she is sleeping. Wait a minute, I'll wake her up" I said crying fiercely, having some hope that My devil is still alive.

I know she won't leave me.

"Zaid, she is in a better place so don't cry"

"No dad, she will never leave me. Just a minute and I will wake her up. Dad, I am telling you, your daughter-in-law is very stubborn" I faked a chuckle, still tearing.

"Zaid, she is no more" Dad said once again and now it clicked my mind that she really is no more but my girl told she will not leave me.

Did she lie to me?

I shouted, "Dad, how can she leave me?"

"It's all fate, we can't do anything"

I looked at my girl who was sleeping peacefully.

"Why did you leave me, Nuska?" I screamed and shot up straight in bed breathing heavily.

I wiped the sweat which has formed in my forehead and tried controlling my heart, which was beating rapidly.

That was a terrible nightmare!

I touched my cheeks and felt warm water trickling down my face.

Am I crying?

But why should I?

Because you love her, my inner voice said but I denied.

Will I get affected if she dies?

Nope, I said but I know that wasn't the truth.

You care for her and you miss her, my inner voice reminded me of the truth I disagreed on for three days.