Ch. 28 Snow Children Part 1

Börja om från början

The silver-haired one had a blue light glowing on one hand. There was a hiss of air and a thick icicle formed. He threw it suddenly with such speed that if the soldier he aimed it at didn't have fast reflexes, it would've punctured his head. Fortunately for him, the shield caught the icicle, with half of it wedged in.

The targeted soldier quivered, "Y-You're the Ice King."

The Ice King quirked an amused eyebrow, "Well would you look at that. I thought only the civilians knew our titles."

"You murdered my son and his friends!"

V rolled his eyes, "Oh boy, I'm getting deja-vu but from the father's perspective instead of the son's. You raised your child to be a violent hater, he became a dangerous Slayer, I gave him the choice to fix himself, but of course, no one ever does, he killed innocents, I put him down."

He listed out the generalized events of what probably happened because he can't remember the multitude of Slayers he had to get rid of. And he certainly didn't know their families. You can call him a heartless asshole, but then you would be blind to what humans have actually done to Shape Shifters.

The fiery red-orange haired male was getting impatient, seen in his glowing amber eyes. "Alright, we're not here to recollect on unfortunate events." Jimin pivoted on his heel to walk towards the broken entrance. "We have no business here if you're not telling where the big man is. We'll be on our way, kind sirs."

BANG!

A bullet was fired and Jimin was knocked down half a second later, face planted first. The room was silent with the sudden death, not even Namjoon or V let out a breath.

Finally, the one who fired, let out a deep breath that slowly built up from a low to a loud chuckle. "Cocky ass kid." He readied his gun for the next aim, switching between Namjoon and V whose faces were blank. "Who's next?"

"Uh, I think you might wanna try again with me."

That voice that belonged to the supposed dead man rang out from the shadows of the broken entrance. He stood in front of the dead body in front of him. Blood was seeping out of the hole behind the head. "Dang, my illusions are getting more and more real." He looked up with a proud smile to his two friends.

"It's scarily real, Jimin," Namjoon remarked with a slight shiver.

V nodded, "You're really testing my acting skills."

Everyone watched as "Jimin's dead body" disappeared into thin air. The human huddled closer in fear. One of them realized and told the man who shot Jimin, "C-Captain... t-that's... the Ghost Fox. What you saw was just an illusion."

Jimin chuckled, "I love these nicknames these humans give us. Ghost Fox, I like that. But as much as I like to play around with you fools with my illusions, I think it's more fun if we get some action going on here."

Without warning, Jimin shifted into his fox and leaped high above their heads. The docile creature skipped across the heads of the soldiers. While they were all busy catching the small animal, they didn't see two much bigger animals about to launch their attacks until it was too late.

The two biggest cats in the world, larger than normal because they're Shifters, the tiger and the lion, bulldozed their way through like the humans were nothing but bowling pins. Jimin as a fox was only half times bigger than a normal red fox, but he doesn't need brute strength to help him win fights. Like Lisa, he's got speed on his side. Pair that with his illusions and his sharp claws, he can be unstoppable.

Icicles hailed everywhere. Rock ledges broke out of the ground with the lion's Gift.

V growled at Namjoon and nodded his head towards the door. It was a message saying, "We got this." The lion nodded back with approval before slamming his front paws down on the ground. The mini earthquake parted the horde of soldiers for him to charge through.