61. Lost One

Title: Lost One

Genre: Theoretical

Characters: Shaz, Bazz-B, Jugram and two others

Summary: Why design a robot?

Rating: T

Notes: Original idea before last chapter involved clones. Also, just because I write it doesn't mean it will come true.

The smell of medical sensitization permeated the room. The place was surrounded by various electrical equipment. A man scribbled on a chart, every so often reaching up to scratch his leopard skin tattoos as he recorded the vital data for the person in front of him. There came a banging sound as someone came into the room outside. Letting out a sigh he walked out the room in time to see Bazz-B tossing the head of another robot onto the ground.

"Look... could you make the next one not try to attack us."

"At least this one lasted a couple of weeks. Exactly what did you do this time to set him off?"

"How can you call it... BG8... a him when its not even alive."

"Seriously though, what happened to set him off this time."

"I don't know. For some reason I thought that this time around it was waiting to attack until it felt we could trust it. What the hell is up with this thing? Why are you even making it."

"Because it is fun to experiment of course." The man waved his hand. "Now why don't you take off. I've got to get busy building BG9."

"Yeah... good luck. You've been going like what... now."

"I've been going five months, eleven days, seventeen hours, fourty-three minutes and eight seconds."

"That... oh never mind Shaz. Nothing you ever say makes sense." Bazz-B waved his hand and walked off. "It is fun blowing those things up though."

Shaz shook his head before grabbing the parts of the robot and heading back into his lab. He continued to make notes, only to hear a knock on the door. "Are you sure this experiment is going to work."

"Ah... lord Haschwalth." The man went back to his record keeping as if he wasn't there. "He is doing fine by the way."

"I wouldn't say being in a comma is fine."

"Well... if your brother wasn't in a comma then we would have a fiasco on our hands."

Jugram looked at the figure that was hooked up to tubes. "We have a fiasco because you keep downloading his brainwaves into robots to give the robots his powers and abilities."

"It was longer this time. An entire month." The man folded his arms across his chest. "I'm actually surprised his majesty gave you permission to do this."

"It's always been a control issue between the two. This way his majesty is the one in control. This time around I'm erasing his memories completely. He'll be child like at first and have to learn Jugin's abilities but in the long run we'll be able to control him, not to mention he'll think of us as allies rather then enemies and his allies as enemies. He'll become a part of our group. I've gotten down the material that and schematics that best allows his powers to be used and I've figured out."

"You know... my brother is likely to find a way around it."

"It's your brother's subconscious doing this."

Jugram turned to look at the silver haired man who was in stasis. "The fact he's persisting though like that makes me wonder if we're right in what we're doing sometimes." The man turned to leave. "And then I remembered how crazy he was and that it was his stupidity as well as irrational behavior that got him into this mess."