47. 46

Title: 46

Genre: General

Characters: Toshiro and the Forty-Six

Summary: Toshiro is brought back and hears that the Forty-Six is planning on executing Juhabach's entire family line. He asks for an audience with them.

Notes: Again, Toshiro is kidnapped during a second run, Ichigo wins and Juhabach is dead.

Rating: T

46

The smell of a room disinfected caused the small taicho to wake up. His eyes blinked a couple of times and looked around. His mouth opened up, realizing that he was back. Toshiro's eyes then snapped shut as he sat up, trying to not remember what he had come to learn while with the Vandenreich. A voice came from the doorway. "Hitsugaya?"

The boy looked up to see the new head captain looking at him. While the man smiled at him, his eyes showed that he was honestly worried about the boy. "Kyoraku-san!"

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling fine. I take it that the Shinigami side won?" Toshiro spoke, a smile on his face.

"Don't you mean that we won?"

"No, I mean what I mean. The Shinigami won and the Quincy lost." The boy frowned. "What's going to happen to the ones left living?"

"Forty-Six is deciding their fate. Chances are all of them will be executed."

"Because they're all of Juhabach's bloodline?" Toshiro frowned.

"Yes... I'm guessing they told you that while you were held prisoner. We're rather glad that they saw you as a child and decided to treat you as a guest."

"That..." The boy looked down, his hands clenching the sheets. "I need to speak to Forty-Six."

"You can give your testimony in a few days, if they need it. I don't think anything you'll say will sway them to be more lenient on any of them." Kyoraku tilted his hat down. "Shiro-chan... I know they treated you kindly and if I had my way at least the children would be saved. I am planning on speaking to them about that."

"I'm not asking for them to be more lenient." Toshiro glanced away. The boy's feet suddenly swung over the side of the bed and he grabbed the uniform to get dressed. "I'll go there myself and sit outside the gates until I'm admitted. What I have to say is important and if I don't say it... lets just say I won't be able to live with myself for the rest of my life."

"You became that attached to them then?"

"I didn't become attached to any of them. I made a major effort to avoid socialization at all costs. This... this has to do with honor. Simple as that."

"Then I'll go with you." A smile spread across his face. He walked beside the small taicho, glad that he was back. "Ukitake isn't feeling well, otherwise he would have come with me to visit you."

"Does he know I was brought back? Actually... who all knows that I was brought back?"

"Kurosaki Ichigo and a few others. Ukitake wasn't able to participate in the battle."

"Depending on how things go, you may need to tell them you weren't able to bring me back."

Kyoraku stopped, grabbing the small taicho's shoulder. "Wait... you aren't going to do something disrespectful that will cause you to be executed on the spot? If so, I can't allow you to speak with them."