13. Family Problems

TitleFamily Problems

Genre: Family, Angst, Drama

Characters: Yamamoto and a possible character Tite Kubo may introduce in some manner. I've given this person a temporary name.

Summary: Yamamoto has to deal with some family problems

Rating: T

Date Posted: 08/15/12

Family Problems

Warm sunlight beat down upon the rock garden that Yamamoto carefully tended each day, making sure the place remained in order. Instead of stopping to enjoy the warmth it gave off he instead headed to another area of his estate where he chose to plan cherry trees in a manner that would create a cool area even in the worst heat. The trees hadn't been planted for him. As a wielder of a fire zampaktuo he preferred warmth to coolness. "Oji-sama."

"What brings you here today Sakura hime?" The man stated, a frown upon his face.

"I came for the coolness of your trees that happen to be my name sake." The female let out a soft laugh.

"On a day like this you don't venture this far. You dislike warm weather this much." Yamamoto continued with his stern demeanor.

The female then stood up, picking up her blade from the ground before dusting herself off. "I heard that the forty-six chambers has decided to eradicate the Quincy. Why?"

"Why?" Yamamoto remained as he was, taciturn. "Hime... if you have heard of this, then you should have heard that they believe we should completely destroy the Hollows rather then letting them cross over into soul society."

"I've heard that." Sakura frowned at her uncle. "But is that actually right? Doesn't killing them make us the same?"

"The decision has been made. I can not do anything about it but carry out my orders." Yamamoto spoke up.

"Carry out your orders? I would think you would have more standing and could do something?" The female pouted. "Father says the same thing to, he can not make a move. He refuses to."

"You'll understand when you're older." The old man sighed.

"You're always saying that. Everyone is saying that." Sakura's composure changed back. "But perhaps it is the old men who do not understand because they are so set in their ways and stubborn about who happens to be right? I don't think I am wrong in saying this isn't right."

"The subject is closed hime." the man stated firmly. The small female walked off without saying another word.

It was normal for Yamamoto not to see his niece for a few days between her visits. However, a few days later a message came to him. "Sir... Sakura-hime has gone missing. We believe the Quincy may have kidnapped her so they can escape across the border. We do though, however now have our location."

The man stood up and headed out the door, his mood dark.

M

The young leader of the Quincy found himself dishing up food when he sensed an icy presence watching him. Setting down the bowl, he stood up and hid his reiatsu, so he could get behind the person. The person honestly wasn't trying to hide herself and was simply watching. The clothing she wore was not that of a shinigami, but she was nicely dressed. She also had a blade at her side. "What my I ask are you doing?"

The small female turned towards him and he saw beautiful teal eyes that were big and innocent. "I'm simply watching and wondering."

"Are you a shinigami?" The man asked.