54. Icy Panic

Title: Icy Panic

Genre: Angst, Psychological

Characters: Toshiro and other characters.

Summary: Toshiro finds himself recognizing the place he is.

Notes: Same as previous chapter

Rating: T

Icy Panic

The small taicho stared at the icy walls, his mind racing non-stop as he looked at the changes made. His wooden blade clattered to the ground and he found himself moving in a quick manner to where the offices should have been, kicking the door down. His jaw quivered upon seeing that even this had changed. Every trace of his former taicho was gone.

"Oi..." The small taicho flinched upon hearing the unfamiliar voice. He turned his head to look at the man who spoke to him and saw a man with a Mohawk on top of his head. The boy backed away slightly, realizing then that he had walked right into the enemies territory. "What the hell are you doing here?"

Toshiro felt someone grab him from behind and felt himself pulled away at a rapid pace. "Taicho... get a hold of yourself!"

"Let go! Everything's gone! Everything..." The boy found himself pulled around a corner and his mouth covered.

"Taicho... not so loud. What's causing you to go into such a panic."

The calloused hand of old man thunder came off his mouth and Toshiro took a deep breath. "They erased everything of the former taicho's. The photo albums, the memorial. It's all gone."

The man carefully turned the boy around. "There is nothing we can do at this time."

"But it is as if he never existed. The only reason I became taicho..." The boy paused then spoke again. "I became taicho so things wouldn't change. The division's gone. It's all gone. Our home is gone."

"Have you heard the phrase that home is where the heart is? It doesn't matter if there is a place or not. Now, let's get moving and see if we can't regroup with the rest of the division as soon as possible as well as some of the other divisions."