24. Gift for Gin

Title: Gift for Gin

Genre: Family, Angst

Characters: Gin, Schwarz, Toshiro

Summary: Schwarz brings his brother home a gift.

Rating: T

Date Posted:

Gift for Gin

A fire crackled in the library of the Vandenreich leader. A silver haired man sat on a mat reading a book. His left hand held open the book to read and when he needed to turn the page he would use the same hand. He was dressed as a Vandenreich but wore at his side a shinigami blade. The door opened and he didn't bother to look up.

"Silbern... I brought you a gift." The voice of his twin brother came to him, but he choose to ignore the man. "Silbern... would you please respond."

"Buttering me up with gifts won't keep me from taking off again once I recover." The silver haired man turned a page again.

"As if you'll ever heal up from those injuries. Your arm was ripped off, not to mention your powers are sealed off by father once he dragged you back from that infernal dessert." Schwarz spoke up. "I wish you wouldn't ignore me and pretend I don't exist. I am your twin brother after all."

"You'll try getting me to listen to that man. I hate him you know."

"I don't have a problem with you ignoring him or myself as I have a problem with you ignoring your own daughter." The man stated. "Plus, I have something for you. Will you come to your room long enough to see what it is?"

Gin let out a sigh and placed a bookmark into his book, before standing up to follow his twin. "Really. You and that man seem to think giving me anything and everything I may want will make an agreeable family member who will be a trophy for him. That's how he always thought of me."

"Now that isn't true."

"Fine. He's always thought of me as a child, a child who lacks intelligence and has major mental problems." The silver haired man placed one hand behind his head.

"That is because you're different and honestly a hard person to understand."

"Don't talk to me as if I am someone who happens to not have matured since you've last seen me. My words about killing you still hold true." Gin spiked his aura. "I don't like my family being put into danger."

Schwarz flinched slightly, before opening the door to his brother's room. "Then you'll probably want to kill me."

The silver haired man's mouth twisted up into a frown and he pushed into the room. His mouth then formed a circle shape and he walked over to the silver haired child lying on the bed. "Chibi... what..."

Gin sat down so that his left side was towards the boy, before turning to glare at his brother. "This has something to do with father trying to control me, doesn't it?"

"Of course it does. I wouldn't have put another one of your children in danger." The man leaned against the doorway. "I personally think you are way to protective, and yet you want nothing to do with your daughter."

The silver haired twin let out an irritated sound before reaching down to brush a strand of hair away from the child's face. "He's grown since I last saw him."

It was then that two bright teal eyes opened up half-way. They looked up at Gin for a few seconds, not registering what was going on. Suddenly though, the boy was sitting up and backing against the back wall that the bed was up against. The child reached down and clutched his ribs. One eye at first glanced down while the other closed because of the pain, before looking up to look at the two men.