teaser :p

Hey this is just a short teaser chapter before I post the next chapter. ;) I hope you enjoyyyyy haha

Everything was quiet as I was walking down the hall in a very familiar house. The walls were a deep red and there were empty picture frames hanging up. Not knowing where I was or where I was going, I kept on walking. The hall seemed to go on forever and I was starting to feel anxious. Where was everybody? There was no sign of life or any way out of the hall. I started to quicken my pace and occasionally look behind me to see if anyone was there. Suddenly I heard a loud thumping and I jumped in fright. It sounded like a bass and it was going in time to a rhythm. I started to walk again following the noise. When I heard a voice singing along to the beat I realized it was someone blasting music. As I walked farther down the hall the music got louder. When all I could hear was the strong lead of an electric guitar I stopped and looked around. I was trying to find some entrance to discover where the music was coming from. Even though the hallway was lit brightly, my eyes seemed to be missing something. The sound was becoming more deafening and I frantically felt around for a door. All I could feel was the smooth surface of the walls under my fingers. I kept one hand the wall as I walked on again. My head started to pound along with the bass of the song and I started to see spots in front of my eyes. Just as I thought I was going to pass out, I felt the wall vibrate under my hand. I turned to the wall and put my other hand up to it trying to figure out what was happening. Something shining in the corner of my eye made me look down. I was surprised to see a brass door knob sticking out of the wall. When I looked closer I could there was a tall rectangle cut out in the wall, giving the impression of a door. Although it looked like a normal wall I realized it was a door leading to the music. Eagerly, I reached for the knob and turned it to the right and pushed. 

At first I wasn't sure of what I saw, but after a few seconds I understood where I was. I looked into the room and even though it was full of hundreds of people, I recognized it as Nicole and Nate's game room. I stepped in and found myself searching for anyone I knew. The music was even louder with all the people talking around me and I resisted the urge to cover my ears. The place was so crowded with people that I couldn't see to the other side of the room but I didn't see anyone I knew. I was surrounded by total strangers. I started to make my way through the herds of people, trying not to bump into anyone. It seemed like nobody noticed that I was there as I passed by. In not knowing what to do, I made the most cliché move; I went to the refreshment table to wait for one of my friends. When I reached the table I picked up a can of soda, opened it and sipped it slowly. My eyes searched through the crowd but I never detected a recognizable face. Starting to feel uneasy, I placed my soda down and moved away from the table. In backing up, I didn't see what was behind me and my foot caught on something before I fell to the ground. I looked up in embarrassment but nobody had noticed my fall. I quickly got up so no one asked why I was on the ground and turned around to see that I tripped on another table. This table was filled with presents and I suddenly remembered that today was Nate's birthday. I instantly felt guilty that I had forgotten and left his gift at my house. Now I really needed to find him to apologize. I stood on the balls of my feet, only making myself half an inch taller and looked around for the boy with the short blonde hair. A flash of yellow near the pool table made me turn. I noticed that it was Nate and I swiftly started to make my way to him. I had to push my way through the thick crowd and almost ended up on my butt again. Once again, everyone around me didn't seem to notice my presence. It was starting to freak me out. How could they not see me when I was basically knocking them out of my way? I ignored the feeling of apprehension and continued forward.

The room was starting to get warmer and the spots were coming back to my eyes. I brought myself to a standstill as I reached the pool table but I didn't see Nate. The pounding in my head was getting worse and I clenched my clammy hands and did a three-sixty trying to locate Nate again. This action did not do well for me and I felt myself loose balance. I leaned against the pool table and closed my eyes shut tightly. The music and talking seemed to get louder and louder until I felt like I was going to explode. Then something happened that made me jerk my eyes open in surprise. The noise stopped. Everything was quiet and I felt lighter somehow, like the people in the room were no longer there. I looked around the room astonished and somewhat confused to find that there was no one there anymore. It was like they all just disappeared. My headache was more manageable now and I could no longer see spots in my sight. I was able to stand up straight just as I heard a giggle from behind me. The sudden noise made me turn my whole body around. Standing extremely close with each other's hands linked was the brunette girl and Nate. I felt my heart clench at the sight of them so close. I didn't know why, but it saddened me to see him with her.  As soon as I thought that they must have not known I was standing there, the girl snapped her head towards me showing me an evil grin and winked. My eyes widened in horror and the music abruptly started playing again. I rotated around and saw that the room was over-crowded with people again. It was like someone was banging on my skull with a mallet and I could no longer focus on anything. I gripped the table and sank to the floor unable to tolerate the pain. Why was this happening? It was just music, how could it affect me so much? My senses were starting to fade in and out and I thought that I heard someone call my name before I was lost to the darkness.

I regained consciousness but didn't open my eyes. The air around me was frosted and I couldn't help the shiver I felt run down my spine. I realized that I was lying down on something hard but slightly damp. My headache was long gone with the music and noisy people. I cautiously opened my eyes, afraid of what I would see. It was dark, almost a pitch black but in the distance I could see a street lamp. I was outside. How did I get outside? I sat up slowly and peaked around me. I was sitting on grass and I noticed swings not that far away from me. I kept looking around feeling the same sense of familiarity that I had before. My eyes landed on a bench a little ways away from the swings. My heart started to race as I grasped where I was. It was the park. The park where Les and I had many a conversation.  Conversations that had change our lives. I was frozen in place for a moment. Why was I here? There must be some reason why I had ended up here. I gave a big gulp and stood up and brushed myself off. The night was cold so I did my best to warm myself by wrapping my arms around my torso. I had an inclination that I should go to the bench. It was a place that I had come to be afraid of but knew that it held answers. Walking forwards, I kept myself from looking around. I was fearful that someone would jump out and hurt me. A terrible feeling settled at the pit of my stomach when I reached the bench. Sitting down seemed like a bad idea so I turned around looking for a sign of what I should do. That's when I saw a figure in the distance rapidly drawing closer to me. As it got closer I came to the conclusion it was a man by the shape and the way he was breathing deeply. I swallowed hard and stood watching as his features came into sight. If I was holding something in my hands, I would have dropped them as soon as I saw his face. Les was running towards me with panic in his eyes. He stopped right in front of me and gazed deeply in my eyes with determination. I realized he was shaking and I reached out to calm him but he shocked me by moving away and screaming, "No! You can't touch me."

I was frightened by how scared he was of me touching him. I looked down and nearly fainted when I saw him covered in blood. I couldn't tell if it was his or not, but either way it was not a good thing.

"L-Les. What happened?" I choked out.

He ignored my question, "I need to tell you something." He said frantically.

I just stood there staring at him in fear. What was happening? My breathing was becoming more and more shallow and I had to sit down on the bench to catch my breath.

"I have been keeping this from you for a long time but you have to know now. I need you to know. My secret is that..." His voice faded out although I could see his lips moving and his eyes searching mine as he talked.

The edges of my sight were beginning to blur together and I was losing myself again. I struggled to hold onto consciousness but something was pulling me away. There was a bright flash and I was no longer in the park.

I woke with a start and was breathing heavily. I wiped my brow of sweat and sat up in my bed. That was an intense dream. What the hell was that about?! I composed my breathing and looked around my room. It was still night. I sighed and stood up. The dream was so confusing. I was scared though, scared of what Les was going to tell me. Did this have anything to do with his secret? If it was, I was now terrified to find out what it was.

comment on what you think now :D