chapter 4

Chapter 4! I know its been a few days, but I've got school what am I supposed to do? haha well I hope you like this chapter, and thank you for reading :D

I woke up from the weirdest dream ever. I was in the ocean, the skies were a deep blue and the waters were so clear you could see one hundred feet below to the bottom. The sun was huge and brighting up the entire earth. I was alone, just floating around in the water when a huge purple whale swam up to me. I acted like I didnt see it and continued staring up into the sky. Then one by one, little baby whales started to surround me. I looked at them and smiled. I was about to reach out and touch one when suddenly the dream changed. I was now in my old elementary school. I was still the same me. I was walking down the hall and I came to a stop outside the library. I walked in and pulled out the first book I saw. On the cover was my sister, Renee. I was shocked at seeing her so I opened the book to see what it was about. Before I could read the first chapter someone jumped out from under the table and took the book from me. I started running after this person. They were wearing dark denim jeans and a gray hoodie so, couldnt tell if they were a boy or a girl. As soon as I caught up with them I woke up.

I sat up straight in my bed. I was confused for a seond, I was still thinking I was pursuing this stranger. When I realized it was a dream I laid back into my bed and scratched my head. That was the weirdest and most pointless dream I have ever had. I mean, why would my mind create something like that? I must be going crazy. I laughed out loud, maybe a little too loud, because Nicole bolted up right and spun her head around till she landed on me.

"I'm sorry." I apologized to her.

"umm, it s'ok." she mumbled groggily.

I looked at the clock and it said it was six. I got up because school started at seven-ten and I also had to bring Nicole home so she could get ready. Nicole waited patiently downstairs while I hestiantly got ready for school. I was dreading going to school, not only because I hate school but becaue I would see Les there. I had no idea how this was going to turn out. We had three classes together, so even if I wanted to avoid him, it would be almost impossible to. Not really caring what I wore to school, I put on my favorite skinny jeans(which were actually very comfortable) and a blue, v-neck t-shirt, with a darker blue cami. I just brushed through my hair and put it into a bun before brushing my teeth and running downstairs.

Since my sister was a freak of nature and woke up at five-thirty every morning even if she didnt have any place to be, she drove Nicole and I to Nicole's house. When we got there my mouth dropped open. This had to be the most beautiful house ever. It wasn't a mansion, which made it all the more perfect. It was a three story, white house with ivy green shutters. There were flowers under each window and incredibly crafted bushes along the entire house. Each bush had a different shape, some animals, others just random shapes. There was a cobble stone walk-way and a white picket fence surrounding the outer perimeter of the land. I had a feeling that the backyard was huge and that they had a pool.

I looked at Nicole as she was getting out of the car, "This house is incredible!" I exclaimed.

"Thanks." Nicole said.

" Do you want to come in and see?" She asked.

Of course I did! But we didnt have much time for a tour so I nodded my head and said, "Next time. Go get ready and we'll bring you to school."

"Okay. But you don't have to wait for me, I don't want to make you late. I'll have my brother bring me." Nicole told me.

"I didnt know you have a brother." I said shocked.

"Yeah, his name is Nate. He's a year older than us. So he is a senior." Nicole shrugged.

"Oh, cool. So I guess I'll see you at school." I said.

"Alright, bye. And thank you! I had so much fun." She smiled and ran up to her giant house.

I gave the house one last look as my sister pulled out of the drive way and headed for the school. On the ride I tried to think about anything other than going to school and seeing Les. But my mind and heart were sick with worry. A few minutes later we pulled up into the school parking lot. I immediatly saw Les and my stomach felt nauceous. I held back vomit as I started shaking. I couldnt do this! I was terrified of what would happen. I just wanted everything to go back to normal.

"Renee, take me home." I told Renee.

"Come on, Ruth. Suck it up. I know its going to be hard but just act like you havent been affected. Just go on like its any other day." Renee said giving me a reassuring pat on the back.

"I-I can't! I can't face him. My heart can't take the rejection. I need to get over him first. Please, please take me home." I begged.

"How do you think you get over him? You just keep going with your life. And you cant do that by skipping school and staying home all the time. No, your going. Now get your a** out of my car and get to school." She pushed me out of the car and before I could jump back in she sped off back home.

I scowled in her direction and pouted my way up to the school steps. Why didnt she understand how I felt. I am not going to be able to get through this day. How could I get over Les when i didnt know where we stood. I know we weren't a couple. So were we still friends? Or did he hate me. When I heard someone call my name I think I got the answer.