chapter 7( rly short but i'll add more later)

I was sitting in the enormous living room of Nicole's house laughing my head off. Why? Because Nate was sitting across the room holding his breath. His cheeks were puffed out making him look like a hamster and his face was slowly turning from red, to blue, to purple. Nicole was keeping time to see how long he could hold it for. Nate's chest started to heave and his eyes got wide. Suddenly he let out a big gasp and collapsed to the floor. He was gasping for air and I tumbled over into a fit of laughter. Nicole laughed along with me and check her watch.

"One minute and twenty-seven seconds." Nicole told Nate as he was getting his breathing back to normal.

I scoffed as I got up off the floor. "That's it? Come on Nate you could have done better than that."

He glared at me and said, "Oh yeah? Let's see you do better."

I shrugged and sat down on the couch. "Ready Nicole?"

She nodded looking at her watch, "Okay, ready...set....GO!"

I took a deep breath and snapped my mouth shut. I stopped breathing through my nose. A few seconds went by and I was just sitting there with Nicole and Nate watching me. I started to get uncomfortable and my cheeks were popping out more and more. I looked over to Nate and he was smirking at me. He pointed to his wrist like he was wearing a watch. I rolled my eyes and tried to keep myself from bursting out laughing. Nate noticed me trying not to laugh and he got up and started to walk towards me. Uh oh. What is he going to do? His grin grew bigger as he got closer to me. My eyes widened as I was trying to figure out what he was doing. I started to shake my head, telling him not to come near me. He ignored me and got closer and closer. My cheeks were already starting to turn red. He made his way up to me and sat down next to me. I turned to him to see what he was up to. He brought his hands up to my face and he pointed his two index fingers out. As he moved his fingers closer to my face I realized what he was going to do. I tried to lean away from him but he was faster. He poked my puffed cheeks, making them deflat and me gasping for air as I couldn't stop laughing. He laughed at me then I stopped and glared at him.

"Hey! That wasn't fair. You cheated!." I yelled angrily.

"You didn't make any rules." He kept laughing.

I turned to Nicole and she was trying to hide her giggles. I huffed and got up.

"Time?" I asked Nicole bitterly.

She looked down at her watch and looked back up smirking. "fifty-eight seconds"

I grunted and glared at Nate who was now fist pumping in the air. "I won!"

"Cheater" I mumbled under my breath.

"What was that?" Nate asked grinning.

I stuck my tongue out at him and turned away.

"Aww come on Ruth. It was just a game. Here, I'll make it up to you. How about we go get ice cream?" He offered.

I thought about it, "Nah, not today. I'll take a rain check though."

"Alrighty then." He shrugged.

"You guys wanna watch a movie?" Nicole asked us.

"Sure." Nate and I replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours later Nicole and Nate were conked out on the couch. I was staring blindly into space trying to sleep. But all my thoughts were clouding my head. Les still wanted to be friends. I was happy that he still wanted to be in my life but I really love him. It hurt to look at him somethimes beacuse I knew he didn't feel the same. I desperatly wanted to find a way to just think of him as my best friend again. Wow. Really? I am becoming more and more pathetic! I grunted and sat up. What is going on with that kid? He has been acting so weird lately. Even before I told him that I loved him. There is something going on, something that he is not telling me. I don't get him. He gets mad at me for not telling him what is wrong with me but when I ask what's wrong with him he lies and says nothing!