Chapter Seven

As the giant door swung open, Cassandra saw a giant cavern which housed a couple of buildings. The cavern's ceiling stretched high into the air like a cathedral and had a small opening up at the top, admitting in a single beam of light. A stream gurgled to her far right and she saw a tall waterfall pouring down from the wall and saw that trees grew near the water on the stone floor. The whole base was perfect, secluded and providing everything that was needed to survive.
"I hate to admit it, but this is impressive.", Cassandra said looking at the place.
Andrew nodded, "It definitely is, we have everything we need here. No one can find this hideout and even if they could, they wouldn't be able to get inside. At least without a fellow member of the group and some club secrets.", he said.
"Club secrets huh?", Cass asked interested, "I don't suppose you'll share any with me?"
"Depends. Follow me.", he answered as he motioned for her to follow as the doors swung shut.
Cassandra looked at the closed doors in concern for a moment, but then followed Andrew as he led the way.
Suddenly, cloaked and masked people jumped out from the shadows, surrounding Cass with weapons.
By instinct, Cassandra pulled out of the group of people by flipping herself over them and landing behind. Without hesitation Cassandra attacked, punching and kicking while growing rocks at her enemies.
"You led me into a trap?! You rat!!!", Cassandra screamed at Andrew as she kicked a guy in the gut.
Andrew held his hands up in defense, "I'm not responsible for this, it's their fault not mine."
"So call them off!!", she yelled as one of the cloaked freak's weapons grazed her left cheek.
A surprising amount of blood oozed from the cut, dripping down Cass's face and chin. She grimaced as the cut stung and dodged an axe to the leg.
"Sorry, but I don't have the authority to do that.", Andrew said in a smug apologetic tone, "Besides,", he shrugged, "You and I know you can take care of yourself Cassie."
Cassandra glared at Andrew for about two seconds to yell at him. "Don't call me that!!!", she managed to say as someone came at her.
"Oh yah? What you going to do about it Cassie?", Andrew fired.
Cassandra frowned and felt her face heat up. Andrew wanted to see what she was going to do? Well, he was about to find out.
She then started fighting fiercer than before and a new energy powered her up.
The battle was getting more heated as Cass took down more people and shot black rocks everywhere.
"At least tell them you're with me!", Cassandra snarled growing a rock between her and a sword that was going to cleave her head.
"Stand down!", a commanding voice yelled cutting through the fight.
The attackers lowered their weapons and backed away from her as a darker cloaked figure menacingly walked towards Cassandra.
"Who are you, moondrop child?", the figure asked.
Cassandra stared at the cloaked person and sensed an aura of darkness around the figure.
"The better question is who are you?", Cassandra said eyeing the speaker.
The group of attackers gasped and pointed their weapons at Cassandra as she questioned the person.
"How dare you talk back to the leader and not answer the leader's question.", one of the Saporians growled.
"It's fine, I'm not offended. It's a fair question child and I shall answer in exchange for your answer.", the figure spoke holding up its hand, "My name is Chella and I'm the leader of the Separatists of Saporia."
Chella took off her hood, revealing a slim and pointed witch-like face. Her eyes flashed with mischief and her crooked smile didn't help Cassandra trust her any better then when she was nameless and faceless.
"I trust that one of my members brought you here?", Chella asked glancing at Andrew, who straightened at her gaze.
Cassandra looked at Chella uneasily but then nodded, "Yes, Andrew brought me here. My name is Cassandra and I'm the daughter of the Captain of the Guard and yes, I possess the power of the moon."
A sly smile lit onto the leader's face at her introduction.
"I figured as much, come with me.", Chella said motioning for her to follow.
Cassandra followed the strange woman as she walked towards a big building, leaving Andrew and the other Saporians behind.
As they entered the building Cassandra saw stained glass windows depicting again the story of the Separatists of Saporia.
As she stared at the glass, Cassandra saw a couple of panels that weren't on the tunnels before.
These pictures were darker and seemed to be almost filled with smoke. Chaos, destruction and a hint of magic were clearly woven into the story and a looming shadow engulfed each scene.
"These depict the rise of Zhan Tiri and his followers.", Chella said out of nowhere. "And how Corona will be shown justice. His power shall wreak havoc and strike the weak and strong, forcing them to bow down to his will.", she told Cass, a gleam in her eye, "And his followers shall get their reward for their loyalty and no one will be able to stop him or his disciples. This glorious day will come and once it does, justice will be served."
Cassandra watched Chella uneasily as she told the story with almost joy in her voice and at the same time madness.
"We shall become gods and never again will evil be upon this earth.", Chella said breathlessly.
Gods? Okay, things were definitely getting a little crazy there, Cass thought to herself.
Then upon finishing she turned to look at Cassandra, "Wonderful story, isn't it?"
"It's interesting.", Cassandra answered carefully.
Chella nodded, "You doubt, I understand, but this story is more than a tale. It will happen as it was prophesized by Egnigma herself a hundred years ago."
"Wait, did you just say this story is a prophecy? And who's this Egnigma?", Cassandra asked her attention fully caught.
"Egnigma was a Saporian gifted with the sight and she was the one that made the prophecy after General Shampanier and Herz der Sonz got married. She is the one who founded our group and helped make sure a small part of Saporia didn't get tainted by Corona.
"Without her there would be no hope for Saporia. Also every vision she saw and prophecy she's had has come true within the century.", Chella said.
Cassandra raised an eyebrow, "So she was physic?"
Chella nodded, "Yes, she was physic, also so am I a little. I see sharp flashes of the future every new moon which I probably inherited from my ancestor."
"Let me guess,", Cassandra said unamused, "Your ancestor is the great Egnigma."
"You are correct."
"I'm shocked.", Cass said her voice dripping with sarcasm.
Chella ignored her and continued walking, "Let me show you something child."
Cassandra followed Chella as she led the way through the halls and past closed doors hiding secrets.
"In here.", Chella said opening a door to the right.
As Cassandra went inside the room, Chella sat down at a table and watched her as she glanced around.
The room was small and was lined with walls of leather-bound books and a single table and two chairs took the center of the room. There were no windows and only a couple of torches lit the space, casting an eerie feel.
Cassandra sat down in the spare chair across the table from Chella and crossed her arms.
"So what do you want to show me?", she asked staring at Chella.
Chella smiled, "Magic."
———————————
❣️A/N❣️
Hi guys! Thank you for reading my story this far and commenting also! Your support means a lot to me!😄 Also please feel free to request art fics for the story from me. I don't make any promises on drawing it, but I do promise I love hearing your ideas! (Cassarian fanfics are personally my favorite and I 💗 drawing them(sue me😜)
Just make sure you request Tangled art ok?😊 I even do crossovers, but just make sure it's still Tangled, as I'll post it on the book chapters.
That's all guys, see you next week!