Chapter Twenty-Five

Cassandra blinked as the darkness dissapaited and Varian dropped to the ground unconscious.
Great, looks like we'll be carrying him, she thought irritated.
She looked at Varian in surprise at his new look. Varian's hair was now completely blue and he wore a black suit with a blue cape. And a shard of the opal held part of his cape down on the side.
Andrew suddenly rushed in full speed looking worried and alert.
"What happened here? Are you okay?", he asked helping her to her feet.
She nodded, "I'm fine.", but she wasn't as she felt weak and slightly ill.
Cassandra felt like she was missing a part of her and when she looked down, she was surprised to see a shard of the moon opal was gone.
She rubbed her forehead in confusion, she didn't remember what had just happened and was confused on why Varian had transformed.
Andrew still held onto to her concerned, "Cass I told you to take it easy and what do you do? You try to blast yourself apart. Why can't you just listen to me?", he asked.
"I wasn't trying to blast myself apart, thank you very much.", Cassandra retorted, "At least I don't think I was.", she muttered.
Andrew stared at her and felt her forehead, "You're burning up Cassandra! And what do you mean by you didn't think you tried to blow yourself up? You should know what you're doing!"
"I don't know Andrew. I just don't really remember the last ten minutes.", she said annoyed and frustrated.
"Hey, weren't you supposed to wait for me to get you?", Cassandra remembered looking at him, "I told you to wait outside and stay out of sight until I called for you. Looks like I'm not the only one who doesn't listen to directions.", she sighed.
"Well it's a good thing I came because you obviously did not do whatever the heck you did on purpose.", Andrew retorted.
"And what did you do to that kid Cass? He looks like you now.", he asked staring at Varian.
Cassandra wanted to strangle someone as she felt her frustration rise, "That's just it Andrew, I don't remember."
Andrew looked at her worried as his brow furrowed in concern, "It's going to be alright. Once we get back to the base we can figure it all out there."
He then looked behind her amused, "Looks like someone got away again."
Cassandra whipped around and to her dismay saw that the man had slipped off and made a getaway with the box.
"Oh, come on!!!", she screamed out and rocks sprouted around her in reaction to her anger.
Why couldn't they just catch the guy, take the box and kill him already?
"How did he even get away?", Cassandra asked putting the rocks down in an angry swift motion.
Andrew looked at her, "That explosion of power was probably enough to free him from his bonds. Also I figured out how he moves so fast.", he said goading Cass into asking.
Cassandra sighed and took the bait, "Okay, enlighten me. How is he so fast?"
"Speed crystal.", Andrew answered.
"A speed crystal, really?", she said disbelievingly.
She then held her head as the world went watery for a moment.
Andrew immediately caught her as she collapsed, "I knew I shouldn't have let you out of that bed, but here we are.", he said frustrated.
"You alright? Cassandra, are you alright?", he asked shaking her a little.
Cassandra hated how weak and pathetic she had become, but she had no choice but to accept his help.
"No, I'm not okay.", she admitted.
Andrew looked at her and then at Varian, "Are we taking him?"
Cassandra groaned, "I guess, but he's unconscious right now so it will make things kinda've difficult."
He smiled, "Looks like I got two patients now."
"Why don't you take a full time job as a doctor next.", Cassandra said sarcastically.
Andrew looked thoughtful, "You know, now you said it, I might think about it."
She snorted, "Knowing basic first aid isn't doctor quality stuff so forget about it Hubert."
He looked at her, "So, can you walk? Answer honestly."
Cassandra shrugged, "I don't know. I might be able to for a while but I don't know if my head will act up again or not."
Andrew nodded and let go of her as he set her down gently.
"Stay here.", he instructed.
Cassandra then watched him as he ran off outside to who-knows-where, and who-knows-what.
She looked at Varian and felt annoyed she couldn't remember what happened.
How does one person simply forget giving up a part of their power like that?
It was probably why she felt the way she did.
Andrew came back grinning smugly, "I got us a ride Cassie."
Cassandra didn't have the energy to argue as he helped her to the horse drawn cart outside.
Cassandra sat in the cart as Andrew loaded an unconscious Varian inside.
"We can be back at the base in five hours if we don't have any pit stops.", Andrew announced as he stepped in the driver seat.
"What about the box? We can't return without it Andrew!", Cassandra protested.
He turned around and looked at her, "Your hurt Cassandra and we need to figure out what's wrong with you. That is more important then what's inside that box."
Cassandra felt her heart warm at Andrew's kind words as she felt a light blush on her cheeks.
Ergh, Not again with the blushing!
She did not have feelings for him!
Or did she?
She shook her head and stared at Varian thinking about what she was going to do next.
Now that she knew Varian was on their side and now apparently had the power of the moon opal, her plan to have her revenge on Rapunzel would be better and more sweet.
Rapunzel's two enemies united together with Zhan Tiri and the Separatists of Saporia would be an unstoppable army.
Cassandra couldn't wait to have her revenge and make Rapunzel suffer for her naive decisions and selfish choices.
Cassandra glanced back at Andrew who was driving the cart back to Saporia and she felt herself blush again.
Maybe she possibly did have feelings for him.