Chapter Fifty

"Your majesty, demons are wrecking havoc all over Corona and there have been sightings of some purple hole in the sky, along with some ram-headed beast.", The Captain of the Guard reported, "Also there has been abnormal weather and bright unexplained lights over at the Coronan border.
"I suggest we gather a meeting and discuss a war strategy so we can figure out and take down whatever forces are at play.", Cap requested his face etched with serious lines.
King Frederick nodded, "Yes, I'm greatly concerned about the swell of demons as well and I'm afraid what there presence here might mean.
"Call a meeting with your guards and gather all your men here at once.", he ordered.
Cap bowed and quickly left the room, leaving King Frederick behind in the chilly throne room.
"Sire!", a guard burst in heaving, his face full of fear, "The crops have suddenly and mysteriously gone frozen! Snow is also starting to fall and the sky isn't right as well!!"
"What?!", King Frederick exclaimed sitting up.
"Your majesty!", another guard called rushing in, "The Demantitus device in the mountains has been breached! A unknown force attacked and destroyed the device, freeing demons from its prison!"
King Frederick stared at the guards in disbelief.
He opened his mouth about to ask them for more information when a third guard came through, injured and bleeding while holding a cuffed prisoner.
"Your highness, I just came back from Old Corona and I found this Saporian! He attacked me and he told me there were more of him after I beat him. He said Corona would pay for their past crimes and claimed a great force was at work! They're planning an attack on our kingdom Sire!
"I request a security detail in order to track down the rest of these Separatists before they cause anyone harm!", the third guard asked bowing.
"But what about the demons flying around?", the second guard questioned angrily.
"And the icy weather in the middle of the fall?", the second protested, "All the crops and livestock have been frozen to death!"
"Your majesty,", Xavier started entering the room, arms ladened with scrolls and books.
"Zhan Tiri has returned today and it won't be long before he destroys everything in Corona and the seven kingdoms. I humbly request a proper audience with you to discuss this very fatal subject.", Xavier asked, his gruff strong voice laced with fear.
King Frederick looked at the small group of guards and Xavier before answering.
"You three, I want you to find Cap and...", King Frederick started to command but was cut off by another visitor.
"My king, the princess has been spotted near the Corona border! Sightings have also verified the return of her comrades as well!", the guard exclaimed, his hair very windblown and messy.
King Frederick nearly flew out of his chair, "Wait, are you talking about Rapunzel? My daughter's back? When and how?!?", he fired, "Is she still there now? Is she in danger? Why isn't she in the castle right now and why isn't there a battalion of guards protecting her?"
"Well I'm not sure about her safety", the guard reported, "as for if she is still there my answer is I have no idea, she was spotted over there nearly an hour ago. And is the princess in danger, most likely and we haven't been able to get to her yet in order for her to return to the safety of the castle.", the fourth guard answered quite quickly.
King Frederick ran a hand over his face in stress and frustration.
Everything was happening and falling upon him all at once!
"Your majesty, I've gathered all my men.", the Captain of the guard said while entering the room with several guards trailing him.
King Frederick whipped around and looked at all the guards and people, his mind filling up with news.
"Enough!!", Frederick roared, "Every body just be silent and wait your turn!"
He then turned towards the Captain and took a deep breath as the room became dead silent.
"Your men came and reported to me about weather changes, a breach in the mountains, Saporian spies and my daughter's return Captain. Can you verify these reports?", he asked.
Cap nodded, "Yes your majesty, these reports are true."
Frederick nodded, "Alright then.", he then turned towards Xavier, "You say that some Zhan Tiri or something has returned? Is he responsible for any of the disasters?"
Xavier nodded gravely, "He has returned and he is responsible for the tragedies that will and have befallen Corona your highness.", he bowed.
"And you,", Frederick said staring down the Saporian, "Do you admit there are more of you?"
The Saporian smirked and shrugged his shoulders, "Yeah, I do King Frederick. So what are you going to do about it?
"It's already far to late to stop us, we've got Zhan Tiri on our side and you've got some puny guards. It doesn't matter what you do now cause your world will go down in flames.", he said laughing.
King Frederick looked at the Saporian man disgusted before his attention was caught by Xavier.
"Sire, we'll need every person who is able to help. We won't be able to stop this evil easily and it'll take more then the guards to defeat Zhan Tiri, his demons and the Saporians.", Xavier said looking very concerned, "We will at war with this evil very soon."
Queen Arianna looked at her husband as he furrowed his brow and stared up at the ceiling; trying to make a good decision.
King Frederick felt all the guards, the Captain, his wife and Xavier's eyes on him. They trusted him to lead them, to protect them and to make the tough calls.
Being a king had its burdens and he knew one wrong decision could lead to the destruction and downfall of Corona.
With a great deal of effort and thought, King Frederick wrote down his decision and command on a piece of paper.
"Make copies of this and send it to everyone in Corona and let them know they're expected to fight against our enemies.", he instructed a guard who nodded and ran off.
"Captain, I want you to free every prisoner who is willing to save this kingdom and I want you to lock up the Saporian over there. Understood?", Frederick commanded.
Cap's eyes widened in surprise, "Are you sure your Majesty? They are criminals!"
"We need every person, even hooligans like them Captain.", King Frederick said his voice strong and determined.
Bowing, the Captain left and took off, ready to do as the king asked as Frederick turned towards Xavier again.
"How do we defeat Zhan Tiri and the demons that plague our kingdom? Do you know what we need to do Xavier?"
Xavier held his scrolls and books up, "Indeed I do."
"Good, then let's start planning a war strategy.", King Frederick responded standing up from his throne.
It was time to stand and protect Corona.