Chapter Seventeen

Cassandra woke up with a start, feeling the springs of a mattress whine beneath her as she she shot up straight.
"Whoa, whoa easy there! It's just me!", Andrew said putting his hands in the air.
She blinked and saw Andrew in front of her as she pointed a dagger in her hand at him.
"Oh, sorry.", Cassandra said putting the dagger down on the nightstand beside her. "Instinct I guess.", she sat up straight taking in her surroundings.
"Are we in a hotel or something?", she asked looking at the plain white walls and scattered furniture.
Andrew nodded, "Yes, we're in a hotel."
"We are?!? You idiot! What if someone recognized you?", Cassandra scolded shooting up from the pillow.
Andrew looked insulted, "No one recognized me, okay?"
Cassandra snorted, "You sure about that?"
"Have a little faith in me okay?", Andrew stood up and opened the windows a little.
Cassandra watched him with grudging thankfulness, he had brought her here and nursed her.
A thank you was in order and she wasn't going to be straight up rude to him.
"Thanks.", Cassandra blurted.
Andrew turned around and looked at her curiously, "What did you say?"
Sighing Cass played with the ends of her hair trying not to seem to interested, "Thanks. I said thanks."
Andrew smiled, a genuine smile instead of that dang smirk, and nodded.
Maybe he isn't completely that bad, Cass thought warmly.
He then cupped his ear looking smug, "Thanks for what?"
Ugh, never mind, thought Cassandra irritated.
She rolled her eyes and cleared her throat, "Thanks for being an idiot and always getting ourselves into these types of situations, thanks for that."
Andrew pouted a little, "C'mon Cassie, I took care of you."
"Which you wouldn't had to if you had helped me back there.", Cassandra retorted, "That coach driver wasn't exactly a threat."
He raised a eyebrow, "Really? Then why did you impale the guy if he wasn't exactly a threat? Also you know getting hurt was entirely your fault."
"You are... impossible!", Cassandra huffed resisting the urge to strangle him.
"Well, sorry if you can't take the truth.", he shrugged.
Andrew walked over to her and tried to feel her forehead but Cass slapped it away.
"Oww! What was that for?!", he demanded rubbing his now slightly red hand.
"Don't touch me unless I say you can.", Cassandra said crossing her arms.
"I'm just trying to get your temperature Cassandra.", Andrew sighed.
She looked at him, "My temperature is perfectly fine, thank you."
"And how would you know?"
"I just do. It's my body.", Cass retorted.
Andrew raised an eyebrow, "That's not good enough. Let me help you."
She rolled her eyes knowing he wasn't going to drop it and she guessed him touching her forehead for five seconds wasn't going to kill her.
"Fine, I'll tolerate it.", she mumbled.
Andrew cautiously put his hand on her forehead and pressed it firmly and gently for a couple of seconds.
"You're still a little warm.", he said pulling his hand away, "A couple of hours with an ice pack and you'll be good to go."
He quickly got an ice pack out of a first aid bag on the floor and set it on her forehead.
"How do you feel?", Andrew asked.
Cassandra smirked, "Like I have an ice pack on my head and I would like to stop playing patient."
"You lost quite a bit of blood and your head had the most blood loss. You need to rest until I'm sure you can handle walking and running.", he said serious.
"And how long would that be?", she questioned eyeing the ice pack on her forehead.
"Depends on you really, but you should be good to go in a few days.", Andrew evaluated.
Cassandra sighed in frustration, "We need to track down that guy and get the package! We can't just sit here and let him wander away!!"
Andrew shook his head, "You're not going or doing anything until I give you the word Cass. As for the guy, we'll look for him no doubt, but it can wait two or three more days."
Cassandra sat up again only to be lain down by Andrew, "Sorry, you have to rest.", Andrew said.
"I'm fine Hubert!", Cass said exasperated sitting up again stubbornly, "And we need to catch that guy today, the package is to important to lose!"
"Not as important as your health!", Andrew fired.
"I'm fine!!!", she yelled springing out of the bed to prove her point.
Her vision immediately went weird as her head pounded and her legs gave out.
Andrew caught her shaking his head at her.
"I told you weren't ready to be up yet, but did you listen to me at all? No!", he said putting her back down on the mattress.
After Cassandra's vision cleared she rubbed her head and scowled at Andrew.
"You know, I would be up but your nursing skills are preventing me from getting any better. Why don't you get a professional?", she said irritated.
"I don't know, maybe cause they'd recognize you or me? As far as that know, you're still on that trip with the princess of Corona.", Andrew answered crossing his arms.
"And furthermore, I don't appreciate you lying blame on your recovery because of my supposed faulty nursing skills.", he tapped his crossed arms at her impatiently.
"Fine, I'm sorry. I just want to move and catch that guy already!", Cass groaned.
Andrew sighed, "I understand, but your emotions are blocking your judgement. You need to push your feelings aside and think about the condition you're in right now.", he reasoned.
Cassandra listened and took a deep breath, "You're sorta right, I guess I can't really do anything if I'm in this condition."
Andrew nodded and gave her a glass of water, "Now if females took this advice all the time, females wouldn't be making ridiculous decisions that get themselves hurt."
Just for that comment, Cass threw the glass's contents in Andrew's face.
"Don't label my gender like that.", Cassandra warned.
Andrew sputtered for a moment and rolled his eyes, "This is exactly what I'm talking about. You could have drank the much needed water, but instead your emotions got the best of you and you wasted it on petty revenge."
"I swear, it's not like you haven't done anything like that in your life, give me a break!", Cassandra fired.
Andrew just sighed and got another glass, which Cass spilled on him again.
Cass smirked and tried not to laugh at Andrews put out face.
"Are you going to drink it or not?", he asked wiping water from his face.
"Yes, I'll drink it.", she answered.
Andrew refilled her glass for the third time and handed it to her, narrowing his eyes.
Cassandra took it and took a long sip then doused him with the rest.
"I did drink it.", she laughed as he couldn't help but smirk a little.