Don't Stop Me Now (Royality)

Y'all ready to get your Queen on? This is written for the CIC on the TSFA, the theme being vintage! I suggest highly to read this and listen to "Don't Stop Me Now", not just because it's a good song, but it helps with the vibe of this! With that out of the way, enjoy!

Human AU

Walking down the street, wearing denim jeans, a grey shirt with a faded rainbow on it, and a black leather vest, Roman Sanders was confident, boasting a smile. In his right hand he held a sign proclaiming 'Proud to be gay.' On his cheeks, there were streaks of rainbow face paint and walking beside him was his loving boyfriend, Patton, wearing a white tank top and jean shorts, with matching face paint of course. They gripped each other's hands happily, fingers laced together.

Here, he was out, proud, and happy to be surrounded by the brave men, women, and non-binary friends marching down the street with him, holding positive signs and dressed in rainbows. He felt as if nothing could bring down his mood.

And then he saw them.

Protesters held up their own signs, proclaiming awful things, calling the people who marched here today things that should never be said to anyone for that matter, let alone this group. Roman saw Patton's smile fade as he caught sight of their signs and angry faces. He gripped his boyfriend's hand tighter, hearing what they were saying and feeling like he just wanted to break down . . .

However, Roman tried to stay upbeat. For Patton, of course. His boyfriend was sensitive, and he saw nothing wrong with that. He just kept him close and tried to keep his mood up, keep him happy. "You know what we should do, Patt?"

Patton glanced up at him. "W-W-What?"

"Sing!"

This caused the shorter boy to giggle some. "Of course you would suggest that. What are we singing, Ro Ro?"

Roman thought about it. He glanced up at the protesters and smirked, "I think I know something. Can you hold my sign?"

Nodding, Patton tucked the sign under his arm and looked up at his boyfriend with a little smile. He was so used to Roman's antics like this that he found them adorable and loved to watch him have fun.

Roman grinned some and locked eyes onto the group of protestors, then began to sing, a little off tune to belt out the lyrics as loud as he could, but still his voice was as lovely as ever.

"Tonight I'm gonna have myself a real good time, I feel alive—ive, ive, iveee! And the wooooorld, I'll turn it inside out, yeah!" Roman sang, hopping around some, continuing. "...So don't. Stop. Me nooooow. Don't. Stop. Me. 'Cause I'm having a good time, having a good time!"

Roman kept belting and the protestors were taking notice, as well as some of their fellow parade marchers. Midway through and Roman had gathered a whole group of people to sing and dance along happily, their combined voices managing to drown out some of the insults and shouts of the protestors.

The crowd of gays, lesbians, trans men and women, and all those in between and apart of the LGBTQ community carried on, fists raised in the air.

"Don't stop me noooooow! I'm having such a good time, I'm having a ball!
Don't stop me nooooow! If you wanna have a good time, just give me a caaaaall!
Don't stop me nooooow, 'cause I'm having a good time! Don't stop me noooow, yes, I'm having a good time!
I don't wanna stop at aaaaaaall! Yeah!"

Roman grabbed Patton's free hand and twirled him around, the two wearing matching grins as they danced among the others in the street, moving forward.

"See? I won't let those people get everyone down, Patt, especially not you."

Patton giggled some and smiled up at him. He went up on his toes and kissed Roman on the lips, holding the back of his neck for a moment before pulling back and giggling again.

"Luckily for me, I have somebody to love right here with me," Patton said, holding onto Roman's hand and smiling.

"I can happily say the same. I love you!"

"I love you, too!"

Hand in hand, the two continued on, their bodies buzzing with adrenaline, happiness, and their love for each other.

Honestly, I didn't think this would turn out too well, but I ended up actually liking this in the end! With the theme being vintage I had a hard time trying to find and write something, which is why it's so short. I decided Queen was the closest I was going to get, plus I just really love Queen as well! I hope everyone enjoyed!!