Chocolate Solves Everything (Moxiety)

Platonic Moxiety

Virgil stared at the screen of his phone as the next video loaded.

It was sometime during 4 A.M.; he didn't feel like exiting out of full screen to check the time. The sound of the video filled his ears through his headphones as he blinked his tired eyes.

He couldn't sleep at all. He was . . . bored. It was the only way to describe the feeling he had. So here he was, on YouTube, watching yet another movie conspiracy theory video. He was tired, but instantly felt wide awake when his head touched the pillow. He was out of it that he had forgotten to turn his light off before he got into his video-binge, and was surprised when his door suddenly opened. He jumped, headphones falling off and landing in front of him on the bed.

"What the—"

"Virgil!" a voice hissed softly. "What are you doing up?!"

"I could ask the same for you," he retorted, sitting up and recovering himself as he stared at Patton.

"I just went to the kitchen."

"For what?"

He opened his closed hand, revealing two Hershey Kisses in his palm. "Chocolate. It's supposed to help calm you."

The anxious side raised his eyebrow at the other. "That's just an excuse to get chocolate."

Patton shook his head. "They did a study on it, I think. Anyway, why are you up?"

Virgil looked down, fidgeting with the ends of his jacket. "I couldn't sleep. Like, I'm just, I don't know, energized."

The other trait thought for a moment before saying, "Catch!"

"Huh?" Virgil barely had time to react as a Kiss landed in front of him on his bed.

"It will calm you. Just let it melt in your mouth."

"Thanks," Virgil responded, reluctantly reaching for the candy and taking the wrapper off and popping it in his mouth.

"No problem. Now, please get some sleep, kiddo."

"You got it, Dad."

Morality smiled at the other trait before shutting off the light, closing the door behind him.

Virgil smiled to himself, placing his phone and headphones on his nightstand before laying down again, finally feeling the exhaustion rush through his body as he drifted off into sleep.

*
Happy New Year, everyone! This is just a short little oneshot.

Enjoy, ~Kirs.