Little Acts Of Bravery (Prinxiety)

Prinxiety

Middle school AU (And yes, they look different)

Trigger warning: Homophobia, bullying

Most people who seen him don't see the boy underneath. They see the black and purple clothes, the purple hair and long bangs that hang in his face. They see a seemingly normal boy.

Sometimes others do see past him, but only enough to see his parents. He faced bullying because of his two dads, but also because he was gay.

If he hadn't trusted his former "friend" with this information, it would have never gotten out. But thanks to that "friend" spilling his darkest secret, he suffered bullying everyday at school.

It started as stupid nicknames, then it quickly escalated into horrid curses, getting tripped, and receiving kicks. Everyday, Virgil was bullied, and no one stopped it. Everyday, he had to keep yet another secret.

*

Virgil Sanders walked down the hall of the school, his black backpack hanging on his shoulder. He walked with his head down, just trying to get to his first class of the day as quick as possible. He had plenty of time, but he just wanted to get to the safety of his classroom. However, the bullies always seemed to find him.

"Where ya going, emo?" A large figure loomed over him, blocking his path. The rest of his goons created a barricade around him, making a claustrophobic box in the middle of the crowded hall.

"Leave me alone," said Virgil, though he knew it was pointless. His attacker, a fellow eighth-grader named Leo, chuckled and took a step forward towards him.

"Surely you expect it now," he said, and punched him hard in the stomach. Virgil felt tears at the edge of his eyes, but he forced them closed, keeping the tears in. He couldn't cry in front on Leo.

One of Leo's friends kicked him in the kneecap, and Leo fired another shot in his stomach. He called him a f-word most were scared to use, he laughed in morbid humor as he heard Virgil softly whimper in pain.

And suddenly, it stopped.

"Hey! Hey!" It was another boy, and he sounded concerned. "Get off him!" Virgil slowly opened his eyes to see that his attackers were all turned towards a boy, dressed in a white shirt with gold accents, a red hoodie, and a scowl on his face.

"Move on. This is none of your business," Leo snarled.

"No."

Everyone sucked in a breath. No one said no to Leo's demands.

"I said move on, you little—"

"Let him go and I will."

The bullies exchanged looks, then laughed right in his face. "Like I'm going to listen to a punk like you."

The boy stared him down, then surprised them all by diving through the broken human barricade and grabbing Virgil's hand, pulling him along as they ran down the hall. They turned a corner and just when Virgil couldn't take his stomach from aching any longer, he was pulled into an empty bathroom. The mysterious new kid turned to look at him, his face held a look of concern.

"Are you okay? I—I mean, I know you're obviously not but .  . ." He trailed off. "I'm Roman."

"Virgil," he replied. He winced as he leaned against the wall, feeling pain shoot up his body. Virgil found himself liking the way the other talked. It was rather formal, and had a princely tone to it.