Be My Cat (Prinxiety)

(A/N title probably sounds weird, but it will make sense in the chapter)

Prinxiety
*

Ever since Virgil had joined the Sides, he had a little black stuffed cat with him. The little cat comforted him when he was feeling upset, and he couldn't sleep without it. He knew it seemed stupid, but he cherished that stuffed animal.

It was late one night, when he finally decided to give in to sleep, that he noticed the cat was missing. Frantically, he threw pillows, his comforter, and blanket on the floor, searching for his cat. It was gone.

Virgil picked his stuff back up and piled it on his bed. He was extremely tired, but he knew he couldn't sleep without the cat in his arms. He moved his pillows back to the way he liked them, then lay his head down, trying to sleep. He couldn't. He sat up, just as there was a knock on his door.

"Come in."

The door opened, and Roman appeared. "Virgil, have you seen my—" He stopped short, noticing how upset Virgil looked.

"What's wrong?" He walked to the bed, then, with hesitation, he sat next to the anxious side.

"Uh, nothing," the other replied lamely. He wasn't in the mood to make up an excuse.

"Virgil," said Roman, dragging his name out.

"Fine. Just . . . don't laugh, okay?"

The creative side nodded, and Virgil took a deep breath before continuing.

"Ever since I came here, I've had this little stuffed cat." He paused, looking at Princey, expecting the other to bust our laughing at his confession. However, he was surprised to see Roman watching him intently, waiting for him to continue. "I can't sleep without it. And, well, I lost it."

"This cat, it helps you?"

Virgil nodded, staring down at his hands.

"Then," Roman proclaimed, "I shall be your cat!"

Virgil stared at him, processing what he just said. "You'll be my cat?"

"Obviously, this stuffed animal means a lot to you, and you're upset that it's missing. So, I shall fill the void."

Virgil was quiet. He knew Roman was right, though he didn't want to admit it."

"Okay," he said. "Be my cat."

Roman grinned, then moved, taking one side of the bed. Reluctantly, Virgil laid beside him, facing him. He was unsure of what to do now. It wasn't like his stuffed cat was a life sized human that was actually alive.

Lucky for him, Roman seemed to know what to do. He shifted, laying on his back and wrapping an arm around Virgil, pulling the other to him. Anxiety froze, not used to feeling another next to him, their warmth. But he let himself relax, resting his head on Roman's chest.

"I know it's not what you're used to," Roman whispered. "But I hope this helps."

"It does," Virgil admitted, snuggling closer. Princey chuckled, looking down at the man next to him. Virgil was already drifting off into sleep, and in this state, he looked peaceful, Roman noted. His usual scowls and smirks were replaced with a half-opened mouth, his hair gently swooping, covering his eyes. Roman sighed, using his other hand to brush the bangs away. He let his arm drop, covering Virgil protectively before he drifted off into sleep.

*

Virgil woke up in a tangle of limbs. In his sleep, his legs had intertwined with Roman's, his arms sprawled on Princey's chest, and he was pressed tightly against him. His eyes wandered up to the other's face, and he let out a small gasp when he seen Roman staring at him, a smile curled on his lips.

"Good morning, my emo nightmare."

Virgil silently screamed in his head. Did Roman just call him his emo nightmare? Oddly, he blushed at the comment.

"Sleep well?" the creative side asked.

"Actually, yeah, I did."

"That's good. Oh, and I have some good news." Roman grinned and reached behind him, grabbing a small black object.

"My cat?!" Virgil sat up, excitedly taking the stuffed animal. "Where'd you find it?"

"Well, I woke up early this morning, and when I got up to use the bathroom, I stepped on this thing here," he said, tapping the cat. "I figured this was your cat, so I picked it up to give it to you when you woke up."

"Thank you, Roman. Seriously, thank you."

Princey grinned. "Just doing my princely duties."

Virgil looked down at his stuffed animal, then said quietly, "I guess this means I don't need you to be my cat anymore." He was happy that he had his stuffed animal back, but also a bit sad. It had only been one night, but he already missed cuddling with Roman.

"Is there something wrong?"

"It's just . . . well, I kind of liked having you here with me."

"Virgil." Anxiety felt a hand on his chin, gently turning his face to look at Roman's. "I'm always here for you. All you need to do is ask, and I'll show up."

Virgil found himself staring at the other's lips. He flicked his eyes up to the creative side's and the look he was given gave him all the answer he needed. Slowly, he leaned forward and pressed his lips to Roman's.

Roman responded by placing a hand on Anxiety's shoulder, pulling him closer. After a few seconds, they pulled away, a small smile forming on Virgil's face. Roman sighed contently, brushing Virgil's bangs back.

"Do you want to be my cat again?" he asked. In response, Roman kissed his hand, then pulled him by his arm to lay down again. They curled into each other, and Roman kissed Virgil's forehead softly, closing his eyes with a smile on his face.

*

This was the product of random inspiration. But this was really cute.

Anyone else love stuffed animals?

Enjoy, ~Kirs.