It's Not Your Fault (Logicality)

Logicality

Possible trigger warning: allergic reaction

"Logan!" Patton called, opening the door to the Logical side's room. Logan, who was sitting on his bed reading, jumped, holding a hand over his chest in surprise.

"Goodness, Patton, you startled me."

"Sorry," Morality said with a grin. "I just stopped by to give you this." He opened the tin box he held and handed Logan a cookie. "I already gave Virgil and Roman one."

Logic stared down at the cookie he held, then took a bite of it. Suddenly, his eyes were wide like saucers.

"Patton, what's in this?" He sounded panicked.

"Just flour, sugar, chocolate—"

"I'm allergic to chocolate." Patton watched in horror as his face swelled, turning bright red.

"Logan, I'm so sorry! What can I do?!"

"EpiPen, in m—my desk drawer." Patton frantically rushed to the desk, pulling one of the drawers open, rummaging for the pen. He found it, then hurried back to the other side.

"Thigh," Logan said. Morality tried to ignore the rashes on Logic's arms as he sat on the bed, leaning forward to inject him. He stared in suspense as Logan panted. His throat was swelled, Patton realized. Morality desperately wanted to hold him, to comfort him and tell him how sorry he was over and over, but he didn't want to hurt him any farther.

He looked down at himself in shame. How could he have not known that Logan was allergic to chocolate? Morality prided himself on caring for his fellow sides, but here was Logic, having a severe allergic reaction because of him. Suddenly, he felt something brush his hand, and he looked up to see Logan's hand reaching for him. The swelling on his face went down, and though the rashes were still on his skin, they didn't look as bad as before.

"It's okay, Patton. I'm okay. Please, do not cry."

Morality touched his face, feeling his cheeks and finding they were wet. He hadn't realized he'd been crying.

"I'm so sorry, Logan!" He felt the tears roll down his face. "I'm a horrible friend! I didn't even know you had an allergy!"

"It's not your fault. I tried to keep it from you, because I didn't want you to worry about me." Logan reached out, wiping the tears off his face. He was not one for consoling someone, but he could at the least try.

"B-but," Patton spluttered. "I hurt you!"

"You also saved me."

"B-but—" he tried again.

"Patton, you didn't know, therefore it is not your fault. I will not allow you to think otherwise."

"I care about you, Logan," Morality blurted.

"And I you, Patton."

The other side looked up at Logic and seen him smiling slightly. Hesitantly, Patton scooted closer, slowly wrapping his arms around Logan. The Logical side found himself returning the hug.

"Thank you, Patton," he said softly.

"You're welcome," he mumbled, his face buried in Logan's chest.

Logan chuckled, dropping a kiss on Patton's head before reaching for his book.

*
Do you know how sad this was to write? Like, I knew what I was going to do in the end but writing Patton in this was so heartbreaking!

Also, I did a lot of research for this, but if I got something wrong, please tell me and I'll fix it.

Requested by this person:

But wait, there's more! An alternative version of this request will also be up

But wait, there's more! An alternative version of this request will also be up. My awesome friend gave me the outline of the story and I loved it so I said screw it I'm making two versions.

As for other requests, I'm working on them (that Eragon one will take me a little longer but I will get to it! It sounds fun!)

Enjoy, ~Kirs