We Met In The City Of Dreams (Analogical)

(Human AU)

The brisk autumn air left goosebumps on Logan's uncovered arms. He walked down the street rather slowly, as if to savor the otherwise mundane activity.

He was only visiting New York for a week, upon the request of a close and old friend. But New York City was very different compared to his much smaller hometown in Florida. He found himself becoming a regular tourist, occasionally stopping to take a few pictures of the scenery and even purchasing some souvenirs.

The young man wasn't paying attention, and he suddenly bumped into someone, the impact causing him to fall, quickly putting his hand behind him in hope to somehow catch himself.

"I'm so sorry!"

Logan slowly looked up at the person who'd spoke, who was the man he'd ran into. Warm brown eyes partially hidden by bright purple bangs stared down at him. The man, who seemed to be around his age, quickly put a hand out, offering it to Logan.

Hesitantly, Logan accepted the offer, letting the much smaller one pull him to his feet.

"I'm sorry," the person repeated, peering up at Logan, who was easily a few inches taller. "I wasn't watching where I was going, and I made you fall, and you're probably really mad and—"

Logan held a hand up, signaling for the person to stop their rambling. "It's quite alright...?" The sentence ended with a questioning tone, as if asking for the stranger's name.

"I--uh...I-I'm Virgil," the man said, looking down slightly, embarrassed by his stutter.

"Salutations, I am Logan," the other replied. He was a bit nervous, and his voice sounded almost robotic.

Virgil nodded slightly, glancing back up at Logan. "You're not from around here, are you?"

"Is it that obvious?"

He shrugged. "Eh...not really. I'm not from New York either," he said. "The thing with you is you just seem...not used to the city, that's all."

Logan nodded. "Well, your assumptions are correct. I'm only visiting for my friend's sake. He practically begged me to come, and he even paid for my flights, to and from here."

"He sounds really...nice. I don't really know many people who just buy plane tickets for their friends."

"Indeed. He really is something else..." he remarked, laughing slightly.

Virgil opened his mouth to say something, then closed it and shook his head slightly. His eyes flicked down to the watch he wore, and he cursed under his breath. "I'm really sorry, but I need to go." He quickly turned and ran towards the nearest subway entrance.

Logan sighed slightly, then returned to his walk down the street. The memory meeting with Virgil was soon pushed to the back of his mind, knowing he would probably never see him again.

*

"Logan! There you are!"

Logan's head turned quickly, looking around for his friend after recognizing his voice almost immediately.

Moments later, a head of surprisingly neat brown hair popped up in front of Logan, and he was now looking at the unmistakable face of his close friend, Roman.

"I'm so glad you could make it!" Roman exclaimed, having to raise his voice over the sounds of everyone else in the crowded area.

"Yes...though you didn't seem to give me much of a choice," Logan replied.

Roman rolled his eyes. He seemed to bounce on the balls of his feet, excited to see his old and long-distance friend in person again. "So, have you met any cute guys here yet?"