Face Your Fears (Moxiety)

Father- Son Morxiety
AU where Virgil is Patton's son and they are not personality aspects. (Idea from _Hot_Topic_  on her Amino)

"Son, are you up? You're going to be late for school!"

"Uh yeah, just give me, uh, five minutes." Virgil waited until he heard his dad's footsteps walk away, then let out a loud cough he had been holding in. He was sick, and as much as he wanted to be over it, he didn't want to go to the doctor's. He was ashamed about his fear, since every other thirteen-year-old seemed to be over it, except for him. The trouble of it was trying to hide it from his father, Patton, who would insist on taking him to the place he dreaded.

Virgil threw on his ever-present hoodie and stuffed the pockets with tissues he hoped would hold him over for the day because A) He hated the rough school tissues and B) He didn't want to walk to the front of the room and have people stare at him. When he felt like he was ready for the day, he open his door and peered out, stifling another cough before walking downstairs.

"Hey, kiddo. Ready?" Patton twirled his car keys in his hand, grinning at his son.

"Yeah, just let me grab my saxophone." Virgil grabbed the big case by the door, then followed his dad out the door. It was Monday, which meant that Patton would drive Virgil to school, since he took his saxophone home every weekend, and it wouldn't fit on the bus. Patton opened the back car door for him, then got in himself.

"So," Patton said, buckling his seatbelt and starting the car, "excited for the concert?"

"Uh-huh," he mumbled absentmindedly, staring out the window.

"What's wrong, kiddo?" Virgil's dad glanced over at his son, concern on his face.

"Nothing, I'm just, uh, tired." It wasn't entirely false. He's been sick for two days now, and was up coughing and sneezing and blowing his nose nearly all night.

"I told you, you need to get more sleep, Virge."

"I know, Dad." They were silent for a few minutes and stayed like that until Patton pulled up to Virgil's middle school.

"Have a great day, kiddo!" Patton leaned across the console and hugged Virgil, who wrapped an arm around his dad. He got out of the car and grabbed his instrument, then walked to the front door, glancing at the car before walking in.

*
Virgil was thankful when the last bell rang. He had two tissues left, and a headache. He desperately wanted to get medicine from the nurse, something to help the pain, but he knew he couldn't, because they would notify his dad.

He suspected that he had the flu, which made things much worse. He knew he should just tell Patton that he was sick, but that included a visit to the doctor's.

His fear of the doctor started before he was adopted by Patton. All his foster homes were horrible. Most of the time, there were too many kids for one house, and he got into too many fights. He was always defeated, but then again, he never started the fights. The injuries from these encounters resulted in many doctor's visits, and almost all of them ended in stitches.

When Virgil got back to his house, he immediately went to his room. Another reason that he suspected he had he flu was the chills he was getting. When he got into his room, he locked the door and wrapped himself in his comforter, curling his body. He could feel heat on his forehead as his hand brushed his bangs away from his face. This wasn't good.

He stayed like that for an hour or so, until he heard a knock on his door.

"Hey, Virge, dinner is ready!"