Three Letters (Prinxiety)

Prinxiety

AU where the sides are not traits.

The AU, as told by my friend who came up with it: "Everyone has wings. On one Wing is your intitials. (First middle and last) On the other is your soulmates initials (first middle and last)"

Virgil stared at himself in the mirror. His eyes trailed their way across his wings, to the three letters that were marked there.

R.J.S.

The owner of those initials was his soulmate.

Most people found their soulmate around their late teens, early twenties. But Virgil was nearing thirty, and he had yet found his love.

He knew that when he found the mysterious R.J.S., the initials would shine on their wings, and stay a shimmery color forever. His friend, Logan, had already found his soulmate back in high school, an adorably bubbly person named Patton. Secretly, he longed to have a relationship like that, but of course, he would have to find his soulmate for that to happen.

He signed, turning to walk out of his room, tucking his wings so they neatly folded across his back. He grabbed his sketchbook from his kitchen table and walked to the park. Most flew, or used vehicles for transportation, but Virgil loved to just walk, to forgot that his wings existed, for they were a constant reminder that he didn't have his soulmat yet.

He settled himself on a park bench, open his satchel of art supplies and selecting a pencil, looking around for something or someone to sketch.

His eyes landed on a man around his age. Virgil gasped, in awe of the man's wings. Beautiful red and gold shimmered as the sun hit them, and they stood out against the other sets of wings in the park. Virgil leaned forward, trying to catch the initials on the man's wings, but ended up falling off the bench, catching himself before his face could smack into the sidewalk. Rather than getting up, he continued to sit there, retrieving the fallen sketch pad and pencil and drawing quickly, glancing up every so often. When he was done, he smiled, and signed the drawing, labeling the mysterious man "Princey."

*
After that day, Virgil visited the park everyday, hoping to see the man again. Sure enough, on his fourth day of returning, the man was there. But that wasn't all, he was sitting at the bench Virgil sat at everyday, eyes closed, head tilted back and looking blissful.

Virgil peered around a large oak tree at the man for a moment. He breathed in deeply a few times before he walked hesitantly towards the man. The other's eyes fluttered open, adjusting to see Virgil standing next to the bench.

"Hello," the mystery man greeted, flashing Virgil with a sweet smile.

"Uh-uh," he stuttered nervously. "Hi, I'm Virgil."

Something flashed across the man's face, but it was gone in a matter of seconds. "I'm Roman."

Roman.

Virgil's eyes anxiously scanned the bright red and gold wings of the other until his eyes landed on three black letters.

V.J.S.

His initials.

Roman seemed to be doing the same thing, and his eyes widened.

"You haven't found your soulmate either," Roman said softly. Virgil shook his head.

"This may sound creepy," he said, slowly sitting down next to Roman," but I seen you a few days ago a-and I drew you." He flipped to his first drawing of the winged man, and he watched Roman's eyes trail across the drawing.