Roller Coaster (Royality)

Human AU

"Ooh, Ro, look!"

Patton tugged on Roman's arm, pointing up. Roman followed his finger, then gulped when his eyes fell on a large rollercoaster.

"Let's go on it!" Patton said excitedly, turning towards Roman, looking up at him and grinning.

Roman gave him a smile, trying to hide his nervousness. "Are you sure, Pat? I mean, you might get scared."

Patton rolled his eyes, his grin still wide as ever. "I'm not scared!" he insisted. "But if you don't want to go on—"

"What? No! I would love to," Roman rambled. "In fact, let's go get a spot in line." Roman strode to the growing line, and Patton followed happily.

Roman looked up at the rollercoaster again, wincing slightly as he heard the screams come from the passengers as the coaster car came down the drop.

"You okay?" Patton asked.

"Hmm? Yes, of course." Roman wrapped an arm around his shoulders, and Patton smiled and leaned into him.

The line moved quickly, and five minutes later, they were next to get on. Patton stood in front of Roman, bouncing on his feet. Roman, on the other hand, tapped his fingers on his leg nervously, gulping as the roller coaster car came up to the gate, letting out the previous passengers. Patton walked forward, sliding across the little bench seat. Roman stepped in, sitting beside him. Patton pulled the bar over them, then smiled at his boyfriend.

"This is going to be so much fun!" Patton said cheerfully, lacing his fingers with Roman's.

"Yup . . ."

The car started to move, and Roman gripped the safety bar with his free hand.

"I'm going to put my hands up!" said Patton, letting go of Roman's hand and letting his arms rest on the bar.

The car was going up the steep slope, and Roman gripped the metal bar with both hands now, his knuckles white.

It's just a rollercoaster, it's just a rollercoaster.

The car reached the top of the hill, and Roman, by accident, looked down, holding back a scream as he saw how high they were.

The car was still for a moment, then rushed down the steep slope. Roman's eyes were shut tight, and he could barely hear Patton laughing with delight next to him.

Patton glanced at Roman to see how he was enjoying it, but was surprised to see his eyes shut, hands gripping the safety bar for dear life.

The car went around a turn, and Patton took this as an opportunity to slide next to Roman, his arms wrapping around him.

"It's going to be okay," Patton soothed. "It's almost over, just a few turns."

Roman could hear him, but he was still frozen in fear, his hands now gripping Patton's arms.

The car went around the last turn, then started to go into the station.

"You can open your eyes, Ro. It's over."

Roman slowly opened his eyes, letting go of Patton's arms just as the car stopped, the safety bar lifting. Patton moved his arms, but kept holding Roman's hand, leading them out of the car and walking down the exit ramp.

Patton led Roman away from the crowd of people, stopping when they were out of the way.

"Roman, why didn't you tell me you were scared of heights?!" Patton asked.

Roman looked down, meeting Patton's eyes. "You just looked so excited. I didn't want my fear of heights to stop you from having fun."

Patton took a step towards him, taking his other hand. "Ro, if I knew you were scared of heights, I would have never made you go on that rollercoaster, and you know that. I would have been happy doing something else."

Roman put his head down, feeling guilty. "I'm sorry, love."

Patton went up on his tiptoes and kissed him, his hand gently cupping his cheek.

"You don't need to be sorry, Ro. It's okay."

Roman met his eyes once more, smiling slightly.

Patton smiled warmly at him, "I love you."

Roman smiled even wider, then kissed him again, "I love you, too."

*
This has been in my drafts for a while.

Thank you for the idea!!

Enjoy, ~Kirs