Childhood Promise 2 (Prinxiety)

Human AU

Admiring Roman's red Camaro afar was one thing, but sitting beside Roman inside said car was just a whole other level, at least for Virgil.

It had been two weeks since Roman appeared in Virgil's backyard, bearing roses and an offer of a date, ten years after they first made their promise. And after some hesitation, Virgil accepted.

The date was...well, rather mundane for others. But for Virgil...it was just mind-blowing. Who knew his fingers and Roman's laced so perfectly together when they held hands? Who knew that despite people staring at them in surprise nearly everywhere they went, Virgil was only a bit bothered by it since he had Roman softly reassuring him by his side? And now, here they were, officially boyfriends, on their way to Virgil's (and now Roman's) school.

Roman glanced over at Virgil for a moment, trying not to let his eyes get stuck on the sight of him, since he was driving. How to describe Virgil's looks? Roman would probably use the term "quiet beauty." Where most people, such as celebrities and models, were obviously very beautiful, they were, in Roman's opinion, a "loud" kind of beautiful.

But for Virgil, his beauty was something someone could easily overlook, yet it still stood out in its own special way. It wasn't bold and immediately obvious but it was still there. And Roman loved that about his boyfriend.

Roman pulled into the parking lot of the high school. His rather fancy car earned some stares, as this was his first day here after transferring, and they'd never really seen something this expensive here before.

Virgil had once asked Roman how he could ever afford such a nice vehicle. He had laughed and explained that it had been a present for his birthday. His parents, who both had rather large paychecks, knew he worked hard, whether it be with school or with acting, and knew he would definitely take care of such a nice car.

Virgil unbuckled and grabbed his backpack. However, he didn't get out yet, feeling really nervous about what would happen once everyone here saw him with someone like Roman. How would they react?

Roman seemed to understand immediately that Virgil was feeling anxious about today. He reached over and laced their fingers together, the touch causing Virgil to look up at him, figuratively melting when he saw that little smile of his. It was different than his other smiles, as this one seemed reserved only for Virgil.

"It'll be okay. I'll be by your side as much as I can. And if those bullies say anything to you, tell me, okay?"

Virgil nodded. "I...thanks, Ro." Though it didn't seem like it by his wording, Virgil was really grateful.

Returning the nod, Roman leaned forward and kissed Virgil's cheek softly, the skin there heating up and turning a soft shade of red as he pulled away.

The two got out of the car, then started to walk towards the building when suddenly Virgil stopped in the middle of the sidewalk.

"Virgil?" Roman asked, his voice containing a questioning tone.

"I have an idea..." Virgil looked at him, wearing a smirk that Roman had grown used to by now. "We should walk into school holding hands or with your arm around me. Just something affectionate. I want to surprise everyone..."

Roman couldn't help but grin, recognizing Virgil's childhood confidence. "I'm definitely okay with that. But I have to wonder, is this just to surprise people, or because you just want me to give you affection?"

Once again, Virgil's face turned bright red. He lightly and playfully shoved his boyfriend. "Shut up...Besides, you know I've been touch starved for years."