Photograph 2 (Royality/Prinxiety)

*
"I don't need more reminders of all that's been broken
I don't need you to fix what I'd rather forget
Clear the slate and start over
Try to quiet the noises in your head
We can't compete with all that . . ."
*

7 Months Later . . .

Two boys . . . spinning . . . spinning . . . spinning.

Two boys, their silhouettes dark against the setting sun, spun around and around, hands clasped together. One was grinning wide, while the other giggled but tried not to let it show even though it was obvious.

Two boys obviously in love.

Two boys oblivious to the fact that their lives were going to change fairly quickly.

Two boys, that later become only one--

Roman's eyes flew open, and he shot straight up in bed. The covers pooled around his waist, and his hair was damp with sweat. He was breathing heavily and panting loudly, thousands of thoughts running through his mind rapidly.

Beside him, a lump covered with blankets that can barely even be concluded as a person peeled their covers back slowly, poking their head out and peering at him with sleepy eyes. "Ro . . . ?"

Roman looked over at the person quickly, "Patton! I'm so sorry for waking you up . . ."

"It's okay . . ." Patton said with a yawn. He leaned over the side of the bed, grabbing his glasses from the nightstand and sliding them on. He turned back to Roman, blinking a few times and looking at him sleepily, "Did you have another . . . dream?"

Roman hesitated, wanting to lie so Patton wouldn't worry about him, but he wanted to be more honest and open with him. He slowly nodded.

Patton reached for Roman's hand, taking it in his own and lacing their fingers together. Roman didn't protest this motion. In fact, he gripped Patton's hand tightly, as if he would lose him as well.

"Do you want to talk about it?" the moral trait asked softly.

The other trait sighed, using his free hand to run his fingers through his hair. "It was so nice and happy . . . There was this beautiful sunset and Virgil and I were holding hands and spinning around and around . . ." Roman rambled. He looked up, eyes flicking to Patton. He couldn't seem to decipher what emotions Patton held in his expression, then he realized he was describing how happy he'd been . . . with someone else. "I'm sorry . . ."

Patton chewed his lip. "It's okay, Roman . . ." His tone told another story.

Roman pulled Patton into a hug, and the other quickly returned it, burying his face in Roman's shoulder.

Roman sighed, rubbing Patton's back and holding him.

He needed to learn how to move on. Virgil had been gone for a year now, and Roman recently found happiness with his new boyfriend, Patton.

Patton, who's sweet, caring, and kind.

Patton, who's considerate of Roman's feelings.

Patton, who wouldn't leave Roman for someone else like Virgil did . . .

Roman tried to push these thoughts away. Focus on happiness, he told himself constantly.

Happiness, he needed it, so much. Patton could give it to him, he knew, as well as true, real love. And in return, he promised himself to make Patton happy, to make him feel loved.

The two slowly pulled back. The moral side's face was red from nearly silent crying. He wiped his face free of tear stains, looking up at Roman with wide, innocent eyes.

Roman leaned down and kissed him softly, cupping his cheek gently with his hand.

The kiss said all the things Roman couldn't put into words, and as Patton returned it slowly, it was like he could understand everything it meant.

A few moments later, Roman pulled back, though rather slowly. His hand still cupped Patton's cheek, and he gave his boyfriend a small, sweet smile.

Patton felt happiness bubble up in him, making him feel light. He returned the smile with one of his own.

The frame that had held the photo of Roman and Virgil was still sitting on the desk, but now it had a new picture.

The photograph depicted Patton in the middle of giggling. Roman had his arm around his boyfriend, keeping him close. He had a wide smile on his face, which, at the time that the photo was taken, was rare. Now, he smiled more, much more.

All thanks to Patton.

*
"So it can be us
It can be us
And only us
And what came before won't count anymore or matter . . .

It'll be us, It'll be us
And only us . . ."
*

I bet y'all weren't expecting the sequel to be like this. I can't say much, but I will say there will be a part 3 . . .

Enjoy! ~Kirs.