New York (No Ship)

The young man gazed out the plane window, taking in the beautiful sights of below.

The bright lights of shops and skyscrapers stood out against the dark night sky, and Roman was entranced by the breathtaking view, eyes glued to window.

Ever since he was young, Roman dreamed of coming to this city. He watched the movies about it, he heard the songs and saw the pictures, but it was surreal to actually be here, seeing the same skyline many had before him. Frank Sinatra, Alicia Keys, Taylor Swift, they all sang about this city full of opportunities, new beginnings.

Roman wanted to live out his biggest dream in this city. He wanted to perform on Broadway, to someday be on the same stage as the very actors he looked up to. Everyone said this dream was impractical, that he needed to choose something "simpler" and "easier."

But Roman wanted this. He knew this would be difficult, and he knew there would be many challenges for him to face. He was ready to work hard to achieve what he wanted, and he wasn't going to let these people, these non-believers, discourage him.

He was going to make his dream a reality.

*

Even if it ain't all it seems.

I got a pocketful full of dreams . . .

Concrete jungle where dreams are made of
There's nothing you can't do
Now you're in New York!
These streets will make you feel brand new
Big lights will inspire you

. . . New York . . .

*

Just a little oneshot.

And happy birthday, Thomas Sanders!!