chapter seventy-six

"I fell into the ocean of love
the moment your eyes met mine"

Third person
TORONTO, CANADA

Twenty-five of December. The day Shawn and Bailey were going to get married. Bailey still couldn't believe that her dream was going to happen, she was going to get married to the most amazing man ever and she was having a winter wedding.

"Mommy!" Squealed Brooke seeing Bailey in her white dress. "You look beautiful." Brooke's eyes were shining at the sight of her mom.

Shawn was in another room with his best friends and the dads while Bailey was in a room with her friends and the mums. All were so excited to see this wedding especially Emily who couldn't realize the fact that her best friend was going to get married.

Shelly was in Karen's arms peacefully sleeping. Soft knocks were heard on the door as Bailey struggled to open the door revealing Shawn's best friends and his dad plus hers. They all looked at her and smiled.

"You look amazing, Bails." Said Brian hugging her quickly. Bailey thanked him and reported her attention on her dad who was crying.

"Are you crying?" She asked looking at him, he shook his head and took a deep breath

"Am not." He replied. "Something got stuck in my eye." He added looking up hoping the tears wouldn't fall out, Bailey let out a soft laugh.

Suddenly the door flew open revealing the youngest Mendes wearing a white dress and high heels. She smiled.

"It's time." She told her soon-to-be sister in law.

Bailey was feeling so anxious and couldn't move when Aaliyah pronounced those words. On his side, Shawn was already waiting for her fiancée to walk down the aisle and say that she did want to marry him.

Shawn hands were sweaty and shaky but he didn't care, he wanted to see her and now. The song started to play making Shawn's head snapping on the other side and waited for the moment he would see her. Everyone cheered and stood up seeing the young fiancée walking arm by arm with her lovely father.

Shawn stared at her, speechless. He tried to find the right word to describe how she looked but he couldn't. She finally stopped walking and positioned her in front of his fiancé. Brian patted Shawn's shoulder making Shawn smile.

"Hey." She said as Shawn looked her up and down.

"Hey baby." He said softly. "I'm speechless." He told her, the words warming her heart.

The old man looked at them and cleared his throat. Everyone sat back and listened carefully to the young people.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered together here in the sight of God, and in the face of this congregation, to join together this Man and this Woman in holy matrimony!" He exclaimed as Bailey grew anxious. He told them. Shawn grabbed her hands and softly rubbed them making Bailey smiled.

It was like they were in their own world, no one could interrupt them. It was their moment. It was time to say their vows.

"I, Shawn Mendes, take you, Bailey Jones, for my lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part." Shawn spoke.

Bailey gulped and kissed Shawn's knuckles. She was feeling so nervous and honestly she didn't understand how Shawn looked so calmly. Did he smoke right before? She asked to herself.

"I, Bailey Jones, take you, Shawn Mendes, for my lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part." Bailey exclaimed making Shawn smile crazily.

The room was so silent and so concentrated watching the two lovers exchanging their vows. It was time for Shawn to put the ring on Bailey's finger. He was so shaky that Bailey had to grab his hand.

"I can't believe it." He whispered as he watched Bailey putting the ring on his finger.

The priest started to talk, the two lovers kept staring at each other. They couldn't hear a thing around them, it was just them. Shawn snapped out of his thoughts when Brian tapped his shoulder.

"Man, kiss your wife!" He said.

Shawn grinned and pressed his lips against hers, he waited for this all day. Her being close to him. All the people who were in the room stood up and cheered, clapped their hands together.

"Bailey Jones Mendes." He told his now wife, she stared at him.

She shook her head. "Actually, Bailey Mendes." She said to him making him smile crazily.

Since Shawn asked Bailey to marry him, she didn't want to let go her name and would always told Shawn that she would keep 'Jones' but apparently she decided to not to. Shawn pecked her lips a last time before walking out.

[]

They were now at the restaurant. Bailey stood up and smiled to everyone, she was so grateful for all those people. Shawn had his arms wrapped around her waist as she cleared a throat.

"Hey guys." She said softly. "Thank you so much for being here tonight, you can't imagine how I am happy right now." She exclaimed. "My beautiful girls are here with me, also my now husband is my by side." She grinned at him. "Also, merry christmas everyone!" Cheered Bailey making everyone yell

She sat down and looked at Shawn. "I love you, so much." She said in his ear.

He shivered. "And me, I can't wait to have you tonight." He whispered in her ear making her gasp.

"You wish." She answered looking at her husband.

"Come on! The parents are taking the girls." He said putting his hand on Bailey's tight and softly rubbed it.

"Stop touching me." She muttered

Shawn smirked. "You won't say that once we will be in bed." He said kissing her jaw.

"Shut up." She laughed at his attitude. "Tell me you love me." She pouted

"I love you, Bails." He sais kissing her lips tenderly.

Brian pulled them apart and sighed. "Get a room! There are children here." He said as they laughed and apologized

They spent the night laughing and celebrating the union of the two lovers.

THE END