chapter sixty-eight

"I don't want someone like you
I want you."

shawn mendes
TORONTO, CANADA
bailey's five months pregnant.

"Bailey! Hurry up, we're going to be late." I yelled from downstairs as she groans.

Today, Bailey and I had an appointment to the doctor for checking if the baby's okay also we were going to know if it's a girl or a boy! This was exciting and I was so glad to live this with her.

"I'm coming!" She yelled walking downstairs. "It's not my fault if I'm too fat." She exclaimed as I rolled my eyes.

"Babe, you're not fat." I said to her.

Since, her bum started to grow she was always complaining because she looked fat which was false.

"Shawn! Look at me, I'm horrible. The baby is always kicking and honestly I'm tired." She cried.

"Honey, you are the most beautiful woman even pregnant." I took her hand in mine and hugged her. "What about when we come back, I run you a bath and I massage you after?" I asked her as she hummed.

"Sounds so nice." She whispered against my chest. "Alright, let's go." She smiled and walked towards the car.

"Excited?" I asked to her once we were in the car.

She grinned and placed her hands on her bump. "Yeah, I am. You know I almost forgot this feeling that you have with the baby." She said.

"You mean a connection?" I asked as she nodded.

"Yeah, and I'm thankful to have you by my side because my first pregnancy was hell." She said calmly. "My mom was coming with me to the appointments or Em but no one was here." She looked at me and grabbed my hand.

"But I'm here for you and forever." I brought her hand to my lips and kissed her knuckles.

She chuckled as I drove to the doctor. The ride was funny, we would laugh about everything and I was glad that she was feeling less anxious. I grabbed her hand in mine and walked in.

"Hey, how can I help you?" Asked the receptionist

"We have an appointment for Mendes in fifteen minutes." I said to her as she checked on her computer.

"Bailey Mendes?" She asked as Bailey blushed, I didn't think when I asked for an appointment.

"Yeah, that's me." Said my soon-to-be wife smiling as the lady nodded and let us walk to the waiting room.

We say down, and Bailey chuckled. "What?" I asked

"You already call me, Bailey Mendes." She answered laughing as I shook my head.

"Sorry, I'm way to excited." I answered timidly as she kissed my cheek. "You cute."

"Nah, you cute my handsome husband." She chuckled as I leaned in and kissed her lips.

"Technically, soon-to-be husband. Por favor." I laughed loudly but stopped as I see the moms staring at me weirdly.

"What? You never see a man laughing?" Asked Bailey as all the women looked away. "And, by the way Spanish sounds lovely on you. You need to learn more." She smiled widely