chapte forty-six

shawn mendes
australia

My eyes still closed while my hand tapped next to me hoping I would be in contact with my girlfriend's body and brought her closer to me but unfortunately she wasn't.

I groaned and opened my eyes seeing that I was alone in the room, the curtains wide opened as I felt the sun warming my skin.

I extended my hand for grabbing my phone but instead I grabbed a piece of paper. Bailey's handwritten was soft and a little inclined. It was her note.

Hey,
You must be awake now, sorry for not waking you up but you looked so peaceful and I didn't want to disturb your sleep. I mean my man needs his sleep for being pretty. I'm joking you always look handsome, lucky me you're mine, forever? I hope. Well I got lost in my thought, Brooke and I left for the beach not far from the house, like five minutes walk. I will be wearing your favorite swimsuit.
-Lots of love, Bails xx

I chuckled at her note. Did she want me for forever? I meant that was what she wrote in her note. I wanted her forever but it was too early for a proposing, we were perfect like we were.

My feet slowly touched the ground as I made my way to the bathroom for brushing my teeth. I put my swimsuit on, grabbed my phone, my wallet and headed to the beach.

My eyes scanned the beach as I spotted a girl wearing a black swimsuit, my lips curved into a smile as I saw a little girl running to her. Once I was next to them, I noticed that Bailey was tanning with her eyes closed while Brooke was next to her. I took of my shirt and laid on top of her.

Bailey screamed in surprise. "What the fuck?" She opened her eyes seeing me, she smiled and laughed. "You're an idiot Shawn"

"I love you too" I replied as I rolled next to her.

Bailey tapped Brooke's shoulder, she turned around and jumped on me. "Daddy!"

"Babe, you're wet" I said as she pouted and kissed my nose. "How are you?"

"I'm hungry but come in the water with me!" She pouted. "Please daddy!"

I groaned. "Okay I'm coming" She squealed and ran into the water. "I'll come back" I said as Bailey nodded.

We were playing in the water for a while now and she started to feel tired. I grabbed her as she rested against my hip and walked to Bailey. "Hey is she okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah but she's tired" She pouted

She grabbed my free hand. "Let's go home so she can take a nap" She told me as I nodded.

We got home and put Brooke in her bed as Bailey and I walked to the garden and went into the pool.

"Australia is so nice" She said as I hummed and came closer to her

I grabbed her thighs and pulled her into my lap. "And you look amazing" I added as she blushed

"Stop" She chuckled lightly. "You're making me blush"

"I love that" I said rubbing thumb to her cheek. "I love you bails"

"You're way too sweet with me gosh" She said as I giggled. "What did I do to deserve you?"

I brought her face closer to mine. "And what did I do to deserve you, Bailey Jones?"

She shrugged. "No idea, but i'm really happy with you so i'm going to keep you"

"You're a keeper eh?" I said as she nodded vigorously. "I'm not gonna to let you go, trust me baby"

She chuckled. "Great"

Her smile was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my whole life and she was mine.

'All yours' hit 10K this morning. Thanks for everything!