chapter four

Los Angeles, California
BAILEY JONES

I was in my office since eight in the morning, I sighed and decided to check my phone.

bro💞:
she is at the school, but don't forget that you eat with her today
10:21 a.m
she finishes at 4:30pm don't forget!!
10:26 a.m

I wrote it on my hand and thanked him. Sometimes, I felt so guilty to not be here for her, I mean I was here for her but not as much I wanted. But, I kept saying to myself that I was doing this for her, for us.

I looked up seeing Emily walking in my office, she was my personal assistant but also my best friend since the beginning.

"Hey B, how are you?" She asked sitting down

"I feel so fucking tired and I miss my baby girl." I told her pouting

"Relax, what do you have to do today?" She asked

"I need to call this industry and this provider for the instruments," I thought, "And I need to write an e-mail for the meeting tomorrow morning with Mr.Smith."

"Alright, let me do this. I got you!" She said excitedly

"Thank you a lot." I said hugging her.

"Don't worry just relax and watch Netflix." She told me with a giggle

I was in the middle of an episode when the phone started to ring. I answered and sat back in the seat.

"Bailey Jones, what can I do for you?" I asked

"Sorry to bother you Miss Jones but someone wants to see you." She said. "Should I let him go up?"

I hummed. "Yeah, let him."

"Okay." She hung up as I waited for him to show up.

Few minutes later, Shawn's head was popping through the door.

I smiled. "Oh hey!"

"Hey Miss Jones." He said softly

"Call me Bailey." I quickly hugged him. "What are you doing here?"

He smirked. "Do you want to go out for lunch?"

"Oh yeah, sure!" I said happily. "Is it okay if Brooke eat with us?" I asked

He nodded. "Of course, it is. Wanna see that cutie pie again." He grinned making my heart melts

"Do we take my car or yours?" I ask grabbing my stuff.

"Yours! I saw it the other day and she looked fabulous." He replied like a five years old kid.

We walked to my car. Once, we were in front of it, I threw my keys to Shawn. He looked at me confused and frowned.

I laughed. "You can drive it, idiot."

His mouth opened wide. "Shit, are you pulling on my leg? Because if you are, it's not funny."

I shook my head. "Absolutely not. Now drive!"

"Oh gosh, thank you so much Bails." I blushed at the nickname and looked away.

"Be careful with her, she's my second everything." I said to him, his hand went on my thigh.

"Don't worry, Jones. I got you." He replied squeezing it. "Where is her school?"

"Just listen to me okay?" I told him softly.

He nodded and smiled. "Alright, let's go."

We drove to her school, talking about his life, his friends and his family. I also discovered that he has a really great voice.

I stepped out of the car and walked in the school with Shawn behind me. I finally found my little princess, and called her.

"Hello, Miss Jones how are you?" Asked the teacher.

"Hey, very good thank you." I replied smiling.

She smirked. "I see that you came with someone today." She told me showing Shawn.

"Oh yeah." I smiled. "A friend of mine."

"Brooke talked about him this morning." She said, I gasped

"She did?" I asked, the teacher laughed and nodded.

"She told us that he was handsome and she was right." She told me.

"Brooke is coming, bye!" I spoke leaving she alone.

"Shawn!" Said my little girl running into Shawn's arms.

He kneeled down and took her in his arms, he kissed her forehead and talked to her.

"And what about mummy, eh?" I said rubbing her cheek, Shawn gave her to me. "How was your morning?"

"Cool." She clapped her hands together. "I did a drawing of you, Shawn and me."

Okay, my heart was completely melted now.

"Oh really, will you show it to mummy tonight?" I asked as she nodded.

After we went to eat together, every old people that we would cross, would tell us that we were a cute family. Brooke looked happy and I was too. We really needed this.

Then, Shawn and I dropped Brooke at her school and he drove back to my building to take his car. I walked out of it and said goodbye.

"Wait!" He telles before I stepped in. "Can I have your number?" He asked

I smirked. "For?"

He smiled. "I kinda want to see the drawing that she made of, her and me. I mean, us." He said quickly. 

I nodded and gave my number to him.

[EDITED]
i kinda ship them together lol

love y'all.❤️
until next time