chapter sixty-nine

"There are people who will stick by you and they will never leave you."
-S e e k e r

Third person
TORONTO, CANADA

Shawn woke up feeling nervous to see the guys that he called 'second family' before. What if they hated him? What if they came only for yelling at him? Shawn took a deep breath and watched Bailey sleeping one of her hand under the pillow and the other one was on her bump which made Shawn smiles.

He quietly stood up but Bailey grabbed his wrist. "Where are you going?" She asked

"Waking up Brooke and getting her ready for today." He answered softly as she smiled and drifted back to her sleep.

Shawn walked to Brooke's room finding her sitting on her bed, and watching her iPad. Once she saw him, she ran in his arms and hugged him.

"Morning hug!" Chuckled Brooke as Shawn wrapped his arms around her. "What are we doing today?" She asked

"Daddy's friends are coming over today." He smiled to her as she nodded softly

Once she was ready, Shawn took her downstairs and started the breakfast. Not too long after, Bailey came downstairs and sat with them.

"Mommy? Do you know daddy's friends?" Asked Brooke to Bailey

"Well, most of them." She lied.

"Are they nice?" She asked to her mommy as Shawn watched them.

"They are, sweetie." She answered smiling. "Mommy is going to take a shower so you stay here and don't do crazy things okay?"

Brooke nodded as Bailey went upstairs, he followed her, closed the bathroom door and wrapped his arms around her small bump.

"You okay, babe?" She asked softly to her fiancé as he nodded and kissed her shoulder.

"What about are you and the peanut?" She laughed and nodded.

"We're perfect, daddy's lil peanut is kicking but great." She answered and pushed him out of the bathroom.

Shawn made his way downstairs and sat next to Brooke. Twenty minutes later, Bailey was downstairs with them and Shawn couldn't help but feel extremely nervous, he was shaking and sweating. Bailey grabbed his hand, she must have noticed how much he was shaking she sent him a soft smile and kisses his cheek. The doorbell rang making Bailey standing up.

"I'll get that." She told him softly while Shawn stayed on the couch.

She opened the door revealing all the band and Zubin's kids, the guys smiled at her and waved. She let them come in and hugged them. "Hey guys!" She said excitedly

"Hey Bails." Said Andrew smiling to her as she smiled back. "Hope you are okay."

"I am perfect." She answered placing her hands on her bump, it was an automatic thing to do. "Follow me."

They walked behind Bailey as Shawn's fiancé lead them to the living room where Shawn and Brooke was cuddling. When Brooke heard the noises, she looked up and saw them, she ran into Shawn's arms and buried her face in his chest.

"Who are they?" She asked as she hid

"Daddy's friends." Answered Shawn while the guys opened their eyes wide at the word 'daddy'

"They're family." Added Bailey. Regardless of the past events, they were a family even if she didn't know them very well.

Somehow, hearing the word 'family' made all the guys smile and happy. They thought that it was very nice from Bailey to say that they were considering them as family even if she didn't know them. Brooke walked slowly and unsure towards the men that Shawn cherished so much.

"Hey everyone! I'm Brooke." She smiled to them as they chuckled. Zubin was the first to open his arms for a hug, Brooke hugged him back and smiled.

Minutes later, Brooke knew them all and wasn't shy anymore. Zubin's kids and her went playing in the garden while the adults stayed in the spacious living room.

Shawn stared at them and opened his mouth in attempt to say something but Geoff talked first. "Fuck, we missed you." He mumbled hugging Shawn.

"I missed you, guys so fucking much." Said Shawn clearly happy to their reunion.

"So daddy, eh?" Laughed Mike making everyone laugh. Shawn missed Mike, he missed how funny and carrying he was.

"Yeah, Daddy." Answered Shawn laughing. "And, soon two people will call me daddy." He added proudly. He knew that he could trust them.

"Bailey is pregnant?" Asked Zubin as Shawn nodded. "Since when?"

"Five months and we know the baby' sex." Said Shawn with a little smile.

"Please tell me it's a boy!" Said David making everyone laugh even Bailey who was coming with beers.

"Sorry, but it's a little girl." Said Bailey making everyone pout. "Oh come on! Don't pout guys, you'll love her." She exclaimed.

We will see her after her born?" Asked Andrew

Bailey frowned. "Of course, I didn't say family because it sounded cool. You guys are people that Shawn considers as a second family so you're my family too." She said smiling.

"You found the right one!" Said Mike loudly.

All the others stared at Bailey, her words were so wise and humble, they quickly understood why Shawn chose her.

"So? Now, Brooke can call me uncle?" Asked Geoff as Bailey nodded.

"Of course and she already loves Zubin's kids so it's not going to be a problem." She smiled widely

She sat next to Shawn and laid her head on his shoulder while he talked with his old friends, seeing this making Bailey's heart warmth. He was truly happy, now.

"Is that a ring?" Yelled Geoff showing Bailey's finger. She nodded and laughed. "Too much for me, Shawn is a dad and engaged?"

Everyone laughed. "Guys! I am older and I have nothing of this" He said pouting

"Don't worry man! You'll find the right one, soon." Said Shawn patting his shoulder.

"Yeah whatever" he muttered

Bailey slowly fell asleep hearing Shawn's laughs.

Shitty chapter???? idk
Im sorry if i did mistakes btw

Hope you'll like it