chapter sixty-four

"Be kind. That's how you kill the monsters."
-L.z

Bailey Jones.
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

"What time you are coming home tonight?" Asked Shawn as I took a sip of my water. "Late." I said. "I'm seeing Michael." I added

"Michael?" He asked. "Who the fuck is Michael?" He said getting angry. Damn.

"He's an employee." I answered as Shawn sighed. "So, you think you can go and meet him while I wait at home?" He asked

I nodded. "Yes, I can. Your my fiancé but you don't control me, Shawn." I said as he sighed, again.

"I know but please don't go. What if he flirts with you or something like that?" He said as I started to laugh. "Why are you laughing?"

"Because, Shawn, he's gay." I sait as he opened his eyes wide. "Fuck." He added as I laughed louder.

"You can go, I guess." He said as I reached for his hand and took it. "I love you."

"I love you." He replied softly. "So, how was your morning?" He asked as I shrugged.

"It was okay, I asked Em..." I said as he nodded. "She said, she's going to think about it, what if she says no?" I said as he frowned.

"Babe, we will visit her and she will visit us." He told me as I bit my lip. I really wanted her to come with me. "I know you want her to come but what if she love here?"

"I know, she loves here but I think she will be better in Toronto...With me." I added as he kissed my forehead.

"Let her think." He told me as I nodded.

We continued to eat dinner quietly, he drove me back to my office and went back to his. I was stressed, what if Emily didn't come with me? What if she said no? She always been the first to help me with Brooke and I will be forever thankful for her. The fact was that I needed her to leave with me, I needed her to be by my side because I was sure that it was where she belongs.

"Are you okay?" Asked a voice behind me. Michael. "I am, don't worry." I answered.

"Do you know where's Emily?" I asked to him as he showed me my office, I walked in and sat. "You like here, don't you?" I asked as she looked up.

"I do, yeah." She said quietly. "Are you okay, Bails? It looks like you cried." She added as I shrugged lightly and fought back the tears. Fuck the hormones. 

"I cried." I said as she frowned and put the papers down. "I want you to leave with me, Em. I know this is selfish but I need you by my side." I told her as she frowned, again. Why the fuck was everyone frowning today? Was I hard to understand?

"Why?" She asked. "Why do you need me there?" Was that not obvious? Fuck, you are my best friend.

"I feel like it's where you belong to. With me." I said, now that I said it it sounds so selfish. "And you're my best friend."

She smiled softly and brought her hand to my cheek, and dried my tears with the pad of her thumb. "Bails, I will think about it. I promise to you." She smiled to me as I nodded.

"I should go. I have a meeting with Michael." I said as she laughed. "Michael?" She asked.

"Yeah, he's nice." I smiled and left the office. "Ready?" Asked Michael behind me as I nodded.