chapter fifty-two

shawn mendes
los angeles, california

My eyes focused on my phone waiting a message from her. I felt bad, I fucked up everything, I meant this girl fuck up.

She kissed me even if I told her that I was in a relationship. Bailey would never forgive me, she looked so hurt on the phone, her voice was cracking and I could already saw the tears falling on her cheeks.

"Shawn, man? Are you okay?" Asked Brian as I closed my eyes

"Brian, do I look okay?" I told him as he shrugged. "She is my fucking whole world" I said. "How I'm supposed to be okay?" I groaned as Brian sighed

"I get that Shawn, I really do. But did you do something making the girl believe that she could try something with you?" He asked as I scoffed

"Never! I talked about Bailey all the night and I paid her a drink that's all" I told him as Brian nodded. 

"You know what, let's go to sleep and you will see her tomorrow morning, eh?" He said as I nodded

[]

My eyes opened as I heard people yelling downstairs. I groaned and stood up, walking slowly in the bathroom and did everything I needed too.

I opened my door and listened to the conversation. I could clearly heard Bailey's voice. "Fuck. Brian stop yelling" She said as he groaned

"He did nothing Bails! I can swear to god. I was with him all night" He yelled. "He looked so devastated in the car yesterday, he was at the edge of crying"

She scoffed. "What about me? No one was home!" She yelled back. "I was alone, waiting for my boyfriend to come home and all I saw was photos with a slut, clearly" She replied

"Bails, don't do something you will regret" He said as she sighed. "Think about Brooke and you"

"I will think about it Brian. Is he awake?" She asked as he shrugged. "I will go" She told him

"Are you sure?" She sent him a smile and nodded.

I quickly went in my bedroom and jumped into my bed and faked to sleep. I felt her body sitting on the bed as she sniffled. Fuck, is she crying? She took a deep breath and shook my leg. "Shawn, wake up" She whispered as I opened my eyes. "Hey" She smiles sadly.

I rubbed my eyes and sat up. "Hey Bails" I said

"Do you mind, if, we start to talk now?" She asked as I shook my head. "Great"

"I swear Bails, I didn't do anything" I said as she nodded. "She kissed me and I pushed her away" I added

She grabbed something in her pocket, I gulped as I saw the necklace, I gave her at her birthday. "What are you doing with this?" I asked as she handed it to me.

"I can't wear it anymore" She said as I looked down. "So take it back please"

"What about your engagement ring?" I said hoping she would keep it but she grabbed it and handed it to me. "No Bails"

"Shawn, I said take it" She whispered yelled as I dried a tear and took it. "We are taking a break" She said firmly

"A break?" I asked as I tried to stop crying. "What about Brooke?" I said

"You can come see her, I'll come to your office and drop her off so she can spend time with you" She replied, she thought about this all night. "And if she wants to see you both us, then we will go out"

"So I have to act like nothing happen between you and I while I'm with her?" I said as she nodded.

"We are going to try to avoid contact until I'm ready to trust you again" She said as I sighed. "I'm so sorry"

"I love you Bailey, I really do" I said. "I don't want us to end about a stupid thing"

"We're not over babe" My heart warmed at the nickname. "We're just taking a break"

"Well, it's more you who want to take a break" I mumbled as she nodded sadly.

"I'm leaving. You can text me if you have a problem, okay?" She said as I looked down.

"Wait!" I stood up and took her in my arms. "I love you with all my heart Bailey" I said as she nodded.

"I love you too" She replied as I sighed in relief, she still loved me. She tip toed and kissed my lips gently. "See you soon"

I waited for her to leave my room and collapsed on the floor and cried. I really lost her...

SoRrY🥺