chapter thirty

bailey jones
los angeles, california

Shawn was peacefully sleeping next to me but I couldn't. Jason was haunted me. I grabbed my phone and called my mom.

few minutes later, she finally picked up. "honey?" i sniffled. "what's happening, are you okay?"

"mom, i saw him again." i replied, i heard my mom gasping

"you mean jason?" i nodded even she couldn't see me. "how?"

"we were at the glacier and he came at me, like nothing happened." i said "and he yelled at me and shawn."

"did you say something?" asked my mom

"of course, i yelled at him!" i replied.

my mom chuckled. "you shouldn't be like that because you saw him again, you're over him and you have shawn now."

"i know." i replied. "it's just that i don't know."

"i call you back tomorrow okay?" she asked

"yeah." i whispered. "i love you."

"i love you more." she replied. "try to sleep."

she hung up letting me alone. i laid back in the bed and stared at shawn, he meant so much for me and i loved everything about him his curls, his eyes, his lips, his cheek scar, the way he looked at me, the way he would kiss me when he missed me.

"are you okay bails?" he asked as i nodded.

"did i wake up you?" he shook his head.

"are you still awake because of jason?" he replied as i tensed up. "i take this as a yes."

"i'm sorry, i know i shouldn't think of him, it's just that he made me feel so angry." i said as shawn rubbed my cheek.

"babe, it's okay to be mad at him, he is trash." he said making me giggle. "tell me everything."

"shawn, he left me when i was pregnant at the time, i saw myself marrying him." i gulped. "but then he ran away, he made
me feel so weak." i said. "i was always overthinking, i almost lost brooke because of him."

shawn looked at me concerned. "yeah, i almost lost her because i was stressed every time."

"i'm so sorry to hear that." he said bringing me closer to him. "he doesn't deserve you guys."

"and the way, he yelled at me that we ruined his life, hurt me so bad." i dried my tears. "because brooke is one of the most beautiful thing that happened to me." shawn kissed my forehead.

"everything's going to be alright." he said making me feel safe with him. "i love you."

"i love you way more, thank you." i replied wrapping my arms around him, my head was resting on his chest while he was running his
fingers through my soft hair.

"you should sleep, you are exhausted." he said simply.

"don't leave me." i answered before falling asleep.

shawn mendes
los angeles, california.

saw her like this, hurt me. the fact that she was feeling like this because of this man, who didn't deserve them.

he made me feel sick, a part of me knew that she wouldn't leave me for him but another part was scared because he was brooke's real dad and i was nothing, what if she choose him over me? what i would do?

my fingers were still running through her hair, while she was sleeping. my mind was full of fear and i couldn't sleep, every time i would close my eyes, the fear would come back and i would saw her leaving me for jason.

i succeed to fall asleep at five in the morning. bailey's head still on my chest and my fingers still running through her soft and brown hair.