chaptet thirty-nine

shawn mendes
toronto, canada

Here I was at tim horton's grabbing breakfast for bailey and brooke, today we were supposed to go shopping for our new house.

I wasn't gonna to lie but it was kinda weird to say 'our' since we were only a couple but I believed that we were serious and I already saw myself marrying her, I know it was maybe going to fast but I would take it slow, I didn't want to ruin everything.

After I ordered, I went and sat at a table waiting for it, until a familiar face sat in front of me. "hey shawn."

Lauren, my ex-girlfriend, I always knew that she still liked me but I moved on. "hey lauren." i said smiling. "what are you doing here?"

"i was grabbing a coffee quickly and i saw you so i decided to talk to you." She said smiling.

"that's nice, thank you." I said standing up and grabbed my order. She got closer to me and tip-toed and laid a kiss on my cheek then left. I looked outside and saw paparazzis, I mentally insulted her.

Once I was outside, paparazzis bombarded me with questions like 'is this your new girlfriend?' or 'are you cheating on bailey jones?', a question caught my attention, 'did you kiss her?', I turned around and looked at the paparazzi who said it.

"why do you think I kissed her?" I asked

he shrugged. "on the pictures that we took it looked like you guys just kissed."

I groaned. "we did not kiss, please don't post this, I don't want drama with my girlfriend." I said. "Plus It's not true. I would never cheat on my girlfriend."

They agreed as I left the café to my car and drove back home. I opened the door and stepped into my condo, seeing Bailey sat on the couch on her phone, It looked like she was crying.

"Babe are you okay?" I asked as she turned her head.

She sniffed. "Did you kiss her?" My heart sank at her words, I walked towards her as she handed me the phone not looking at me.

The way the people took the picture, looked like I was kissing her. It made me sad because I did not kiss her, the paparazzis didn't post the picture, It was one of my fan account.

"Baby, I didn't kiss her." I said locking her phone.

"You did not?" She asked looking up at me, her eyes were red and her cheeks were wet.

"No, I went for grabbing breakfast and she was here. And when I stood up for grabbing my order, she came to me and kissed my cheek. Look I maybe have the trace." I said turning my head showing her the cheek that Lauren kissed.

"Oh yeah, she left lipstick." She groaned and wiped it. "I hate the fact that she laid her lips on you."

"Babe, I wouldn't cheat on you. Never." I said kissing her forehead

"I'm sorry to believe them, It's just that one of your account sent me this." She replied quickly as I started to feel mad.

"It's okay, I would react the same okay?" I said embracing her. "Can I see the account again?"

I wasn't going to make a complaint against the account, I was just going to dm her and told her to delete this post because It wasn't appropriate for her to post this.

Once I dmed her, she answered quickly telling that she was sorry about making problems between bailey and I, and that she would delete the post right away, she did it.

I grabbed my phone and tweeted.

Please, do not assume things and post them on the social media, It has consequences in real life. Thank you guys X

I was still sitting on the couch, Bailey's head on my lap as I ran my fingers through her hair. "I love you bails."

"I love you more." She replied. "Do you want to go shopping today?"

"Nah, maybe tomorrow uh?" I asked as she nodded, a few minutes later brooke joined us on the couch and sat next to me.

-x-

shawnmendes

♥️Liked by baileyjones and 1,345,987 others

shawnmendes mine❤️
👤; baileyjones
comments disabled.

Sorry for the mistakes!

The chapter is kinda looong but whatever lol. Enjoy!