chapter sixty-five

"Come grow old with me,
the best is yet to come."
-unknown

shawn mendes
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

Happy was the word I could use lately, I was simply happy, happy in everything that I do.

My phone rang as I answered it. "Hey daddy!" Her voice echoed through the room as I smiled. I missed her. "I miss you."

I smiled and pouted. "I miss you too. Tell me how's Toronto without mommy and daddy?" I asked as she started to talk about her first week without us.

An hour later, Brooke hung up because she needed to go to school, unfortunately. For her delight, Bails woke up before she left so she was pretty happy to talk to her mommy.

"We didn't talk a lot yesterday but how did they take the news?" Asked Bailey as I turned my body towards her.

"They took it, well pretty good. They were happy for me but a little sad that I'm leaving and..I know I'm not supposed to feel this but I felt guilty, but I know that is where I belong to." I said smiling. "By your side and Brooke's side in Toronto, into our house" I told her as she smiled.

"You have all the right to feel guilty, Shawn. They are your best friends." She said patting my cheek. "I felt guilty too, I will have to leave Em, if she doesn't want to come, Michael and well pretty everyone. But, I'm ready to do this with you." She leaned closer and kissed me softly.

I pulled away and stared at her. "God, I love you so much." She smiled and hid her face. "Don't hide, Bails. You look perfect."

"I am not but you are tho." She said climbing on my lap as she hid her bare chest with the sheets.

I shook my head. "You are my wife, well soon-to-be wife and I'll not let you think that you're not perfect to me" I pouted as she leaned down and kiss my lips for the second time today.

"I wish I would meet you earlier." She said smiling.

"We did meet." I answered. "Four years ago, you were busy." I said to her as she gasped.

"So, we already met?" She asked as I nodded. "Shit, how did I not notice you?" She giggled while I shrugged.

Four years ago : Islands Records, New York

Damn, this elevator was bounded with people. How was it possible? I looked around as my eyes landed on her, Bailey Jones.

I must have stare at her for long cause she turned around and looked for, me. Her eyes found mine as she smiled to me and waved, I waved back and grinned.

She backed up and came next to me, suddenly I felt all sweaty and dizzy. "Hey stranger." She smiled.

"Hey," I replied as she looked up. She was so little compared to me.

"What are you doing here?" She asked as I shrugged. Should I tell her?

"I am here to stop my career." I said. Surprisingly my voice was monotone.

"Stop your career? Why?" She whispered to me as I shrugged, again.

"Because, something bad happened and it was my fault." I said to her as she nodded. I was thankful that she didn't ask other questions.