chapter seventy-three

"When you can't be strong, you can be kind."

Bailey Jones
TORONTO, CANADA

My eyes slowly opened while I sat up and looked on my side seeing Shawn holding Shelly in his arms. I rubbed my eyes and cleared my throat, Shawn looked up and smiled.

"Baby, look mommy's awake!" He pointed at me and stood up. "Hey love, how are you feeling?" He asked softly

"Better, thank you." I smiled. "Can I hold her?" I asked timidly like I was scared to ask if I could hold my own daughter

"Of course, you can." He passed her to me as I watched her.

Her eyes wide opened while she stared at me. She looked so much like me and Shawn, her eyes are hazel and she looked exactly like Brooke when she was born. Tiny and cute.

"She looks like Brooke." I told Shawn as he sat next to me. "Did you have time with her?" I asked

He nodded looking at me. "Yeah, all morning but I think she's hungry now." He replied as I laughed and started to feed her.

"Stop staring." I mumbled as Shawn looked away.

"Sorry, they're just really big you know." He started quietly as I stopped him and warned him to not go further.

"Are our parents are coming?" I demanded to Shawn while he nodded with a little smile.

He leaned down and pecked my lips. "They are coming in ten minutes." He said. "She is so quiet." He added looking at our baby girl.

I chuckled. "She truly is." I smiled to him. "I should go take a shower, I must look horrible." I told him, he shook his head.

"You look cute." He said as I rolled my eyes. "What? It's true." He told me as I smiled and went take a shower.

When I walked out, everyone was in the room talking and staring at the baby that Shawn is holding in his arms. When he saw me, I quickly understood that he needed help plus Shawn didn't really like to be surrounded by too much people even if it was our family. I walked to Shawn and took Shelly in my arms, Shawn sighed in relief as he wrapped his arm around me.

"Guys! I need you to back up a little." I said quietly. "She is asleep and we don't want to wake up her." I said to the grandmas.

I walked to her crib and laid her in, Karen and my mom walked to me and looked at her. I caught the old women drying their tears as I laughed.

"You guys are too emotive." I laughed as they gasped and hit my arm playfully. "Ouch!"

"Don't say that I'm too emotive, I'm just really happy to see my new grandchild." Said Karen smiling at Shelly.

"How did you name her?" Asked my mom quietly as I grinned

"Actually, Shawn chose the name. We called her Shelly." I told them

They both gasped and looked at Shawn in awe then his mom looked at me. "Well, he's good at one thing for once." She said as I laughed

"Hey! You're talking about my fiancé right now." I exclaimed as she giggled and apologized.

We talked a little until my dad and Manny came near to us, my dad hugged me while Manny looked at Shelly. Shelly. I loved this name.