chapter fifty-six

(A/N: This is a long chapter! More than 1000 words. So enjoy!)

shawn mendes
toronto, canada
CHRISTMAS DAY

We were back in Toronto for Christmas and New Year. It feels so good to be here, it's like we were away from our problems if Bailey wanted to move here I would accept in a heartbeat. Los Angeles became the worst place and I couldn't stay here.

Today, we were going to celebrate Christmas Eve's to our house, my family and hers were coming over. I was beyond excited with the gift I was planned to give to her.

"Daddy? When are they coming?" Asked Brooke as I shrugged and picked her.

"No idea baby" I kissed her cheek as she giggled. "Are you excited?"

She nodded. "I can't wait for tonight," She exclaimed as she touched my hair. "I love your hair daddy"

"Really? Mommy wants me to cut them" I said as she frowned.

"No, don't! They are soft and I can play with your curls" She said as I laughed. "Please don't cut them"

"I won't, promise baby" I kissed her forehead and let her go.

I went upstairs and looked for Bailey. I walked in our room seeing her in a long red dress with black heels. I walked to her as I laid my hands on her tiny waist and kissed her bare shoulder.

"You look amazing baby" I whispered as she laughed and thanked me. "How am I so lucky?"

She rolled her eyes. "You're the sexiest man I know, Shawn" She replied. "And I look horrible, I had a baby"

"Baby or not. You're the most beautiful woman I know and the hottest girl I had in my bed" I said as she gasped and slapped my chest playfully.

"Stop being an idiot" She said as I laughed and kissed her cheek.

"Only for you, my lady" I said as her cheeks heated up. "Can't wait for your gift" I whispered

"What did you buy?" She asked as I shook my head. "Please, baby" She pouted and kissed my lips tenderly.

"I won't tell you even if you play this little game, eh" I said as she rolled her eyes. "But come back here and give me a kiss" She climbed on my lap and leaned down, her lips crashed into mine as my hands went on her back and rubbed it slowly.

"Mommy! Daddy! They are here!" Yelled Brooke as we pulled apart. Bailey swiped my mouth since she left lipstick and we both stepped out of the room.

"Hey guys!" Said my mom as we hugged her. "You look both lovely"

"Thanks Karen" Said Bails next to me. "You look amazing too,"

"Thank you sweetheart," She smiled at me. "Anyway, where's my baby?" She asked refereeing to Brooke.

"In the living room with Aaliyah" I told her as she went there.

"Hey sweetie" Said my dad to Bails, she smiled and hugged him.

"Hey Manny. Thanks for coming guys" She said as he kissed her forehead. He considered her like his daughter.