chapter fifteen

Los Angeles, California
SHAWN MENDES

I slowly opened my eyes and smiled at my morning view, Bailey had her head on my chest. I stroked her hair until her eyes fluttered slowly.

"Morning love." I said with a raspy voice.

She yawned. "Morning." She smiled. "What time is it?"

"It's ten forty five." I replied looking at my phone.

She rubbed her eyes. "Ugh, where is my baby?" She asked

"I think she is coming." I answered hearing little steps coming closer. A minute later, we saw Brooke running to us, we chuckled and let her come on the bed.

She slipped between us and smiled widely. "Morning mummy." She said. "Morning Shawn."

"Good morning, my love." I kissed her forehead as she giggled.

She laughed. "Your hair are tickling me." She said

I kissed her forehead. "Sorry princess."

She sneaked between my arms and laid her head on my chest. "Come with us, baby." I said to Bailey, she smiled and came closer to us, she wrapped her arms between us and kissed Brooke's cheek.

"I will be downstairs, I'm going to do breakfast." I nodded while Bailey left the room.

"Are you and mummy in love?" Asked Brooke to me

"I don't know love." I answered but all I knew what that I was falling in love with her

She pouted. "Mummy is happy with you and I am too." She said making my heart melt.

"Baby." I started. "You make me so happy, you don't even know." I mumbled kissing her head. "Let's go downstairs."

I took her in my arms and walked downstairs. I sat on the couch and walked to Bailey who was in the kitchen.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her neck. "Hey you." I said smiling against her skin.

"Hey my love." She replied softly turning around and wrapping her arms around my neck. "What about a date tonight?"

I smirked. "Tonight?" I asked

She nodded. "Just you and me." She whispered kissing me.

"I would love that." I replied. "But, what about Brooke?"

"My sister is going to keep an eye on her." She told me quickly. "But, wait, you don't even know my sister!"

I shook my dad. "No." I spoke. "We never talked about our families."

She grinned. "Well, get ready because I'm explaining my whole life to you, tonight." I nodded and kissed her cheek.

We spent our day in the pool playing with Brooke, she was honestly the cutest little girl. Around six, I left and drove back home so I could get ready for the date. A hour later, I went back to Bailey's and waited for her to open the door. Five minutes later, Brooke opened the door and smiled at me as I walked in.

"Can you call mummy, babe?" I asked to Brooke, she nodded and walked upstairs.

A moment later, I looked up seeing Bailey with a woman a little older than her walking behind her. My lips automatically curved into a smile.

"Hey Shawn." Said Bailey kissing my cheek, I wrapped my arm around her waist. "This is my sister, Kate."

I showed my most beautiful smile as I shook her hand. "Nice to meet you, Kate."

She smiled back at me. "Nice to meet you." She looked at her sister and winked. "Have a lonely night, love birds." She added as we both blushed.

I laughed. "Thank you, Kate." I told her as she nodded.

We walked to the car as I put my hand on her thigh, I slowly drove to the restaurant. We walked in and waited for the waiter.

"Hello, how can I help you?" Asked the red hair eyeing me.

I awkwardly smiled. "Table for two under the name of Mendes." She nodded and led us into the restaurant.

Once we were sitting, the waiter came back not letting us time to talk.

"Hey, my name is Hannah. I will be your waiter for the night." She started with a smile. "So any drinks?" She asked

"Red wine or Champagne?" I queried looking at the woman in front of me.

"Red wine, please." She said watching up.

"I will your best red wine please." She nodded and left us. I grabbed Bailey's hand over the table and rubbed it. "I'm so happy to be here with you."

She grinned sweetly. "Me too." She bit her lower lip. "Let's talk about my family."

I nodded. "I would love to." I answered licking my lips in anticipation.

"One thing before, we start." She leaned in and kissed my lips softly, I smiled against them. "So, siblings first! I have an older sister named Kate, she is twenty-five and she is in relation for six years now." I nodded softly. "I have a little brother, his name is Jason. He comes at my house a lot for Brooke." She explained. "And my parents live in Toronto and both are fifty-six."

"They live in Toronto?" I asked a little surprised since she was born in Long Island.

She nodded. "Yep, we went on holidays there and and my parents fell in love with this place so they moved." She shrugged with a smile. "But, we see them a lot. We flew to Toronto a lot."  

"Oh yeah? That's nice." I answered. "Do you have an ethnic background, Jones?"

She grinned. "I do, French and Spanish." She replied. "What about you?" 

I hummed. "Portuguese and English." I beamed. "Can you talk french?"

"I can." She said. "It's really easy."

I shook my head. "You are amazing."

We kept talking all night. At the end of the date, I drove her back home. Before, she stepped in, I laid a soft kiss on her lips, she grinned and pecked my lips one more time.

"Goodnight Shawn." She said softly.

I smirked. "Goodnight Bailey." I answered as she walked to the front door. "Oh and good luck for tomorrow!" She chuckled.

"Thanks, I appreciate it." She yelled back. "I will text you tomorrow."

I waved at her. "Bye babe!" I told her as she closed the door.

[EDITED]