chapter eight

Los Angeles, California
BAILEY JONES

I heard Kate's heels clicking my living room as I looked up seeing her behind me.

"Hey." I said casually

"Hey Bailey. No time to talk so go upstairs!" She said excitedly as I laughed

Kate was my older sister and she was a stylist for almost five years now, I couldn't be more proud of her. I remember so damn well, when I was younger, she would always help me picking up my outfit for a date.

She clapped her hands together. "So, first! Who's the guy?" She asked

I bit my lip. "Shawn Mendes"

She gasped. "Shawn Mendes? The singer who became a manager?" She asked while I gave her a nod. "But- he's so attractive!" She yelled

I covered my face trying to hide my burning cheeks due to her comment. "I know!"

She giggled. "But, how did you meet him?"

"We are associate!" I said quickly as she opened her mouth to say something. "No! Don't! Let's found an outfit."

She rolled her eyes. "Don't worry! You have plenty of times! Where's my little peanut anyway?"

I smiled. "She is with Emily." I said. "But, the real question is when are you going to have your own little peanut?" I asked

Kate was with guy named James for six years now. They met while my sister was doing her study in New York and since then, they were madly in love with each other. He was living with her but my dumb old sister was too scared for a marriage or a baby even if she was crazy about them.

"I don't know." She shrugged. "I'm twenty-five, it's not that old. Right?" She said

I sighed. "Yep, you are but still, I want a nephew or a niece."

She groaned still looking for something in my wardrobe. "Okay, I don't care anyway." She said. "Let's try this!"

I looked at the dress and arched my eyebrow. "Is this not too sexy?" I asked eyeing it. "I'm a very professional person, I would never wear that."

She scoffed. "First, you are not at work and second, why the fuck did you buy it then?"

I gasped at her words. "It was gift!"

She shrugged with a laugh. "Don't care, put it on."

I sighed, grabbed the dress from her hands and walked in the bathroom. I put it on and looked at myself in the mirror, honestly, I looked hot.

"Are you done?" Yelled Kate snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I am!" I yelled back

"Then walk out of this fucking bathroom, Bails!" Sh exclaimed.

I cursed and finally walked out of the bathroom, she immediately snapped her head towards me and smiled widely.

"This is it!" She said. "You look great even hot!"

I smiled awkwardly. "Thanks, I guess."

I asked to Kate to take a picture so I could send it in my friends' group. Going out tonight, only wearing this dress was stressing me out. I wasn't the type of person who wear this. Few minutes later, everyone answered that I looked "extremely hot" and that I should wear it at my date.

[]

It was now around seven in the evening. Shawn texted me earlier saying that he was on his way to pick me up.

I heard a knock on the door as I stood up and made my way to my front door. I opened it seeing Shawn in a red suit making me smile.

"Hey! We are matching!" He said staring at me, I blushed lightly and thanked him.

I smiled. "Let me grab my purse and we can go."

He licked his lips. "You look great in that dress, Jones."

"You look great too, Mendes." I said to him as we walked to his car. "Nice car!"

He laughed. "Yours is way better!"

During the car drive, we talked but mostly sang. We discovered a lot of common points which was really nice.

"Luxury restaurant?" I asked watching the place.

He hummed. "It's only for the food, I have something way much better after this." He said taking my hand in his.

After te restaurant, Shawn and I went back to his car while the tall brunet started to drive to an unknown place. I soon recognized the park where I used to come with Brooke when I had time. Shawn grabbed my hand and started to walk.

"What are doing here?" I asked

"I think that it's the best place to talk to someone." He answered. "Are you cold?"

"A little." I chuckled. "But it's okay, don't worry."

"Wait here, I have a jacket in my car." He said starting to walk

"I'm waiting." I said sitting down on the bench

Five minutes later, he came back with the jacket and put it on my shoulder slowly rubbing them. I thanked him and smiled.

"Alright, how old are you?" He asked

I smiled. "Twenty- three."

He laughed. "I'm twenty-two!" He said. "That means, I'm younger than you."

"Shut up!" I said slapping his chest. "I'm not that old."

He chuckled. "Sorry, how old is Brooke?"

"Three years old. Still a little baby." I answered

He looked at me. "So, you had her at twenty?" He asked as I nodded

"August seven." I replied as he chuckled. "Why are you chuckling?"

"I was born on the eight." He said with a. smug grin

"Oh my god! Really?" He nodded. "We should celebrate our birthdays together." She said excitedly but quickly hid her mouth. "Only if you want to."

"Relax, Bails." He said softly to her. "I would love to celebrate my birthday with you guys."

She sent him a pure smile and nodded. "Cool then."

"Plus, I'm not leaving anytime soon. You guys are stuck with me forever!0 He told me.

"I'm not gonna to lie but since you came in our lives, Brooke never been happier and I think you are the reason." I said not looking at him. "And I've never been happier too." I added.

He nodded. "Good, because I feel the same." He said. "Let's go home, I'm so tired and cold."

I hummed and stood up. "Alright, let's go back home."

[EDITED]