chapter seventy-one

"How much darkness must you have gone through to find a smile so bright."

Shawn Mendes
TORONTO, CANADA

My eyes opened hearing Bailey whining, I rubbed them and wrapped my arms around her.

"Baby, how do you feel?" I asked to Bailey as she took deep breaths, I rubbed her tummy while she relaxed a little.

"It hurts so bad and she's kicking so fucking much." She mumbled grabbing my hands in hers. "I don't understand, I'm due to next month and we're at the beginning of August."

I hummed and passed my hands under her shirt. "It's maybe cause she's excited." I said to her as she nodded and turned around.

"Keep your hands under my shirt. It relaxes me." She whispered to me as I tangled our legs together and brought my body closer to her

"Everything will be okay, honey." I whispered to her and kissed her neck. "I'm here, try to sleep we have my birthday party tomorrow."

She nodded and soon fell asleep, my hands still under her shirt while I closed my eyes and drift back to sleep. The next morning, I opened my eyes seeing that Bailey isn't by my side, I groaned and stood up.

"Bails?" I yelled while I waited for her answer.

"In the kitchen!" She yelled back. I walked into the kitchen as I saw her in one of my shirt cooking pancakes.

I hugged her for behind. "Babe, you didn't have to." I mumbled kissing her shoulder lightly.

She turned around and wrapped her arms around my neck. "Happy birthday, handsome."

"Thanks, love." I mumbled leaning down and kissing her softly. "Gosh, I love you."

"I love you." She softly answered.

"Are you feeling better?" I asked to her as she nodded slowly.

"I guess. I was a little scared last night honestly." She chuckled. "I thought I was going to pass out." She added quickly

"It's okay I understand why you were scared." I smiled. "I really thought you were going to give born in our bed." I laughed

She frowned. "I was very close to do this." She said giving me a plate of pancakes. "I miss Brooke."

I pouted. "Babe, she left yesterday night and she comes back today." I told her as she sighed

We spent the breakfast talking about the baby, after we took a shower and got ready for the party. Bailey walked out of the room wearing a white dress that showed her bump perfectly. The door bell rang making me snap out of my thoughts and walked to the door and opened it revealing our friends and our families.

"Hey guys!" I greeted them while Bailey came behind me.

"Hey Daddy!" Said Brooke running into my arms. "Mommy!" She squealed

"I'm sorry Kate couldn't come she is busy with the baby!" Said Kaitlyn to me

"It's okay Kaitlyn. Soon we will be busy too." I laughed with her and looked at Bailey who laughed with Michael and Thomas.

Everyone was here and enjoying the party while Bailey was walking around and talking to everyone, I glanced at her seeing her holding her bump.

"Babe? Are you okay?" I asked sitting next to her.

She shook her head. "Please put your hands on my it, it hurts."

I placed my hand on her bump and slowly rubbed it. "Do you want me to do something?" I asked to her

"No, just stay." She answered laying her head on my shoulder and fell asleep.

The time flew by and Bailey was still sleeping on my shoulder, it was around 11pm when everyone left the house. My mom took Brooke with her cause she saw that Bailey wasn't very well. Every time I tried to take my hands away she would wake up and whine so I let them there.

"Fuck." She shouted making me open my eyes. "I'm sorry if I woke you up." She mumbled.

"It's okay, what time is it?" I asked to her as she grabbed her phone

    "One in the morning." She whispered. "I should stand up and take a shower." She said standing up and walked to the shower

MESSAGES BETWEEN AALIYAH & SHAWN !

Aaliyah;
Mom is asking how is Bails?

Shawn;
She's SO in pain
I don't know what to do. She just wakes up

Aaliyah;
when did it start?

Shawn;
Last night
She told me that it was okay and to keep my hands under her shirt cause it relaxes her

Aaliyah;
When is she due?

Shawn;
Beginning of September
Do you think the baby could born one month sooner????

Aaliyah;
Yeah he could
Mom tells to bring her to the hospital
Just to check if everything's k

Shawn;
Yeah I'll do that
Anyways keep an eye on Brooke!
Love you ❤️

"Shawn!" Shouted Bailey as I jogged to the room seeing her with a towel wrapped around her body.

"What?" I asked to her as she looked at the floor. "Your water broke!" I yelled to her as she sighed.

"I'm in pain, right now! Drive me to the hospital. Please, Shawn." She whimpered.

I nodded. "Dress yourself and I'll be waiting okay? I'm here baby." I kissed her forehead.

Once she was ready, we walked to the car as I drove to the hospital.

Baby Mendes is on his way!!!!
I think that this chapter sucks A LOT. I'm actually very sorry

I'm seeing Shawn tomorrow. Am I okay? No.