chapter one

Los Angeles, California
BAILEY JONES

I was walking hand in hand with my daughter in the streets of los angeles.

"Are we going to your job mummy?" She asked

"We are. Mummy has a big meeting today." I answered looking at my daughter. 

My daughter, Brooke. She was three years old, I had to take care of her because my ex-boyfriend was afraid.

I was now a businesswoman and owned my own company. After he left, I quickly realized that I didn't need a man to live just my daughter.

"Baby, Im going to leave you with auntie Em. Okay?" She nodded. "Alright, I love you." I kissed her forehead.

I walked to my office and opened the door, seeing a tall man standing up in it.

"Hey, Miss Jones." He smiled and shook my head. "Shawn Mendes." He added.

"Bailey Jones." I replied. "Nice to meet you, Shawn."

"My pleasure." He replied softly. I sat down and looked at him.

"Have a seat." I told him, he nodded and sat down.

He was very attractive. He was tall and built. His hair were brown with curls and honestly I wanted to run my fingers through his plus he got hazel eyes my favorites.

"Alright, let's talk about that contract." She said happily as he agreed.

We talked for one hour and came to the decision to accept his deal. I shook his head happily and grinned.

"Now that we are associated. We should go celebrate!" He proposed.

"Yes sure!" I answered. "I need to do something before. You can follow me." I said.

Once, I opened the door of Em's office. Brooke ran into my arms. "Mummy!" She yelled wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Hi love, have you been a good girl?" I asked as she nodded.

"Who is he?" Asked my daughter pointing at the man behind me.

I looked at Shawn and chuckled. "Mum's friend."

"Hi mum's friend!" She cheered and waved. Shawn chuckled stepping closer.

"Hi cutie," spoke Shawn. "What's your name, eh?"

"My name is Brooke and I'm three!" She said showing three fingers in his face.

"Nice name, Brooke. Mine is Shawn." He replied

She frowned. "Shon?" She tries earning a laugh from the new associate

"No, Shawn." He pronounced it another time.

Brooke tried for five minutes and kept saying "Shon" so, he gave up.

"That's okay, I'll have all the time to teach you my name." He told her softly.

"Bye love. Mum has to go." I said pecking her forehead.

She pouted. "Love you!"

"Love you too, baby." I said. "Alright let's go celebrate!" I said turning my body towards Shawn.

hey guys, how's it by far??
love y'all.❤️
until next time.