chapter seventy-two

"Tell me what you forged in the fire and I'll kiss where it burned."

Shawn Mendes
TORONTO, CANADA

It was now around four in the morning and Bailey was still in the delivery room. She was suffering and it hurt to see her like that. I quickly called her parents and went back inside.

"Where the fuck were you?" She yelled to me as I grabbed her hand and squeezed it.

"I called your parents, honey." I kissed her forehead.

"Ma'am, I need you to take a deep breath and push!" Yelled a lady

"It's been one hour and a half that I'm pushing!" She yelled back making me chuckle.

"I'm here honey. Push, so we can see our baby." I told her as she cried and pushed.

"That's it! I see the head." Told us the doctor. "Keep pushing, Bailey."

She gave three more pushes and we finally heard cries into the room, we both looked up seeing our beautiful little baby girl crying in the doctor's arms.

He gave it to Bailey as she cooed. "Hey baby. It's your mummy" She said crying.

"Can we take her?" Asked a nurse as Bailey nodded.

"You did perfect, love." I said kissing her lips gently.

She chuckled and slowly closed her eyes. "Thanks for sticking by my side. I love you."

And with that, she fell asleep as I stroked her hair. I grabbed my phone and checked the messages, most of them were asking if Bailey was okay or did the baby was born? I decided to text my family and hers so they were aware that the baby was born and they could come in the afternoon so Bailey could sleep a little.

Not a long time after, a nurse came back with her and handed her to me. "Do you have a name, sir?" She asked smiling at me.

I nodded. "I do but I'll talk about it with my fiancée." I said to her, she agreed and left the room.

I looked at the beautiful girl who was in my arms and cooed. "Hey baby!" I said. "It's daddy, you pretty love." I said to her as she stared at me like I was an alien.

I kept talking to her until she fell asleep in my arms, once she was comfortable in her crib I sat on the chair and felt myself slowly falling asleep.

I opened my eyes seeing Bailey with Shelly in her arms, she was smiling and laughing.

Bailey looked at me and smiled. "Look who's awake babe, it's daddy!" She exclaimed

I stood up and walked to them, I patted her head and smiled. "Hey my love." I kissed Shelly's forehead and stared at Bailey. "Do you want me to take her?" I asked as she passed her to me.

"There you go, she's so beautiful." She mumbled. "Just like you." She grinned and looked up at me.

"She's the cutest baby ever. I'm so proud of you and us, Bails." I said smiling at her. "Look, what we done! A cute tiny little girl." I said rubbing my baby's cheek with the pad of my thumb.

"Shelly Mendes." She added as I looked down at her.

"Shelly? You sure?" I said feeling the tears coming out.

"Of course, I'm sure!" She said. "Cutest name for the cutest baby." She told me as I leaned down and kissed her softly.

"I am so proud of you." I said to her with a little smile, she smiled back and laid back in her bed. "You must be tired."

"I'm exhausted." She sighed. "But very happy to see that she is finally out." She said with a cute laugh.

I put Shelly down and laid next to Bailey, none of us talk, we just laid there in silence as I tried to adjust to this new feeling: I was a dad now, it was official. I was overwhelmed honestly, happy and thankful but very scared about how I was going to handle that. It was so new to me, my first very child. Sure, I raised Brooke with Bailey but I didn't know here when she was a baby and unfortunately, I missed so many things that I wish I didn't.

"Our parents are coming in the afternoon, is that okay?" I asked to Bailey as she hummed.

"Don't worry, it is but I really need to take a nap." She laughed lightly.

"Same thing." I mumbled. "Let's take a nap." I told her as she agreed and soon fell back asleep.

I could already feel myself getting so tired but I kept telling me that it was worth it.

Last update before Monday!! So enjoy ❤️

I hope I didn't do mistakes, I love you all. Xx