chapter seven

Los Angeles, California
BAILEY JONES

I walked in the kitchen seeing Brooke with Maria. Maria was my neighbor, she was alone because her husband died four years ago. So, Maria would come and spend time with her. And, when we moved here, Brooke fell in love with her.

"Morning Maria. Thank you for taking care of Brooke." I told her with a smile.

"Morning sunshine." She smiled. "And don't worry, it's always a pleasure to see this cutie."

I smiled and kissed Brooke's forehead. "Morning mummy!"

"Morning sweetheart." I answered

"Are we going to see Shawn today?" She asked

I shook my head. "No, I have a lot of things to do. Sorry." I said pouting

Since we met Shawn, she would talk about him every second of the day and she wanted to see him. I wasn't donna to lie but he made our lives way better.

"Another day, okay honey?" I said as she smiled warmly

I grabbed my phone and looked through it.

Emily:
Hey B. Just wanted to tell you that I can pick up Brooke at 4:30pm :)

Emily:
I texted you cause you have a busy day today. So, have a great day boss ;)

I let out a laugh and answered her quickly. I grabbed all my stuff and took Brooke's hand in mine.

"Alright, let's go to school." I said to her as we walked to the car. "Put your seatbelt on."

She nodded. "Can you put some music, please?"

I shook my head. "Of course, baba."

After I dropped her at school, I drove to my building and went straight into my office. I had a busy day today. I checked my e-mails as the phone started to ring, I sighed and answered.

"Hello, Bailey Jones on the phone. How can I help you?" I asked with a smile.

[]

"Okay, let's just do this." He laughed. "Bye Miss Jones, it was nice to talking to you." He said

"My pleasure." I answered

"Bye." He said before hanging up.

Shawn Mendes:
Are you free tonight or tomorrow?

Bailey Jones:
I'm free tonight, why?

Shawn Mendes:
Want to take you somewhere :)
2:25 pm
so? yes or no?

Bailey Jones:
Is this a date? ;)

I waited for him to answer. Maybe, I shouldn't have say that.

Shawn Mendes:
Only if you want to :)

I smiled widely and shook my head, my hands made their way to my cheeks where I must be so red because of the previous messages. I was going on a date with Shawn Mendes. I grabbed my stuff and drove back home, I hadn't been on a date for ages, I was so stressed.

Bailey Jones:
Hey Kate! Could you come home? I need my sister's help for a date.

[EDITED]