S E V E N T E E N. Worth It

Layla

Layla

Looking at Arturo who's sleeping peacefully even though he's told me about his nightmares that hunt him at times but like I've told him I'm here to help him in anyway I can and I meant it sighting as while running my finger down his cheek slowly make sure not to wake him up because when he gets up at times hello cranky well so am I at times but coffee is a beautiful thing for when that happens,he starts to move around pulling my hand away fast closing my eyes acting as if I'm a sleep feeling his hand lay on my waist while being pulled towards him wiggling some until I hear him groan opening my eyes I see him with his eyes closed still "Really?" mumbling to myself while trying to move some to get comfortable "Don't" he says as I watch him slowly open his eyes that I get lost in from time to time to tell the truth.

"Why are you awake? Did you have a bad dream or something?" He says between yawns causing me to giggle.

"No I just can't sleep so I'm up you can go back to sleep if you want"I whisper leaning into his chest feeling him wrap his arm around me.

"As long as your up I'm up my cute Angel, plus I started having a crazy dream..." He trails off sighing heavily.

"Talk to me what was it about Arturo, don't hold it in anymore"I spat  squeezing his arm some.    

"About my father Layla, he died when I was kid but I still remember him even what he told me"He says as he's voice cracks a little as I move closer to him.

"I'm sorry Arturo I didn't know your dad died, you never told me and yet you were there for me when I was crying over my parent's I'm so sorry forgive me,what did he tell you if you don't mind me asking"I say running my fingers down his cheek slowly.

"Layla don't be sorry you didn't nothing wrong okay, your parents we're killed in a car accident my dad was killed by a 'rat', he told me to find one person an cherish them because you never know they might be your light when things go dark around you" He says rubbing my back slowly.

"Actually I found out my parent's were targeted for some reason an they were ran off the road the car... Anyways is that why you went crazy that day when Vincenzo said 'rat'? Seems like your father was a wise man. And your uncle Leo?" I stat feeling his arm tightening around me as he clenchs he's jaw.

"What do you mean targeted? How did you find that out? Yes that's why I went crazy I don't like 'rats' they break our code so we have to deal with them, yes he was a wise man he would have loved you Layla I know that, my uncle Leo raised me after my dad died you've seen him maybe once or twice when we were kids but you never knew he was my uncle" He stats smiling at me. 

"I was going through my grandma's things in her room one day an ran across some papers from the cops that found my parents it said it seems to them that they were targeted an they haven't found the person yet, well at lest now I know why you hate them an maybe he would have. but I still can't believe that Leo is your uncle I was thought he was one of Vincenzo's father men that looked after you guys. That's crazy" I say before kissing his cheek.