039: Exalted

Exalted:

Adjective.
(Of a person or their rank or status) Placed at a high or powerful level; held in high regard.

☁☂☁

Like every other morning, I got dressed in my clothes instead of the powder blue uniform. The only thing different about this morning was that I wore a mix of designer clothes and the clothes I used to wear to school. After texting Kaoru a quick good morning, I threw my bag over my shoulder and followed Haruhi out the door. After walking in silence for a few minutes, she asked, "How do you feel?"

"How do I feel? How do you feel?" I repeated. I explained, "I'm used to the attention and swarming crowds. I know you aren't, and we both know that there's going to be a lot of both today."

"I know you're nervous, Nii-san," Haruhi sighed out. "I could tell how nervous you looked on stage without your mask on."

"I'll be okay," I grumbled. "If anything bad happens, or if anyone says something to you, you have to tell me, okay?"

"Sure, Kem," Haruhi sighed and rolled her eyes.

When we got to school, people were staring. I continued walking with an indifferent expression on my face. Haruhi and I both silently split ways, and I shoved my hands into my pockets. The bell would ring any minute now. A few feet away from my classroom's door, a small voice squeaked out, "K-Ku-Kuma?"

"Yeah?" I replied and turned to the nervous looking girl. I recognized her, but I didn't know her name. She would request me in the host club often.

"Can I... Can I take a picture of you?" she held her hands in front of her nervously.

"I'm sorry," I responded slowly and shook my head. "It wouldn't be fair to take a picture with you if I can't take a picture with all of my other fans here. I'd love to see you in the host club again though," I answered and smiled apologetically at her. Before she could respond, I turned back towards my classroom and went inside.

"Kem!" Tamaki shouted and waved him over. Kem ignored the looks from the other students in the room and stood in front of Kyoya and Tamaki. "Are you excited to be back? How are you feeling?"

"Exhausted," I muttered back. "I didn't get a lot of sleep last night. I had a lot of things to do." I leaned on the desk in front of Tamaki's desk. "Has anyone come up to you guys and asked anything?"

"A lot actually," Tamaki answered and awkwardly chuckled a bit. "It all has to do with you and last night."

"Quite a few of the students here are your fans. Many of them have approached us to question us about you," Kyoya agreed. "Now that you're here, we need to talk about your relationship with..." He trailed off.

"Yeah, right," I agreed and pressed my lips into a thin line. "I was going to ask you guys if that was a good idea or not. It might ruin their whole act."

"That's entirely up to you," Tamaki replied. "I think you shouldn't hide it, but Kyoya thinks you should. We decided to let you two decide."

"Okay, then. I'll talk to him about it," I spoke softly. I couldn't help but smile at the thought of being able to show affection openly. Of course, I need to talk to Kaoru about it, and I don't know how much PDA he'd be comfortable with. Once the bell rang, I got up and walked over to my desk in the back.

When lunch came, I took my lunchbox to Haruhi's classroom. I wanted to check up on her and Kaoru. Uh, yeah... Hikaru too. When I got there, there were a few students talking to Haruhi. I quietly approached the group and stood behind the group for a few seconds. "Kem isn't going to yell at you girls if you walk up to him," she explained to the group. Her eyes met mine for a second. "He's actually sort of scared that people will avoid him, so you shouldn't act any different around him. "Right, Nii-san?" She asked and smiled at me.

"Yup," I answered and sat down in the desk beside her. "I'm not scared, I'm just slightly worried," I corrected. Hikaru and Kaoru stepped closer and stood beside me.

"Anyway, he's still Kemuri," Hikaru stated.

"So just treat him the same way," Kaoru finished and messed my hair up. I lifted my gaze and glared at the boy standing above me. Kaoru smirked and said in a completely sarcastic tone, "Ahh! No, please don't be mad at me, Mr. Kuma Arita..! It was just a joke, I swear!" I stood up and raised my eyebrows. I was trying to stifle the laughs but failed incredibly.

"Kaoru, I swear," I warned. I ran my fingers through Kaoru's ginger hair and did the same thing he did: mess it up. When I pulled away and sat back down, he was laughing cutely with locks of hair sticking out of random place. The girls watched us with knowing looks for a second before excusing themselves from the group.

"You guys are going to make it obvious there's something going on between you two," Haruhi sighed but smiled softly.

"Well, we don't exactly have to hide it," I responded and shrugged. Both of the twins furrowed their eyebrows and glanced at each other.

"What are you talking about?" Haruhi asked first.

"I mean..." I paused and looked around the room. There was no one else in here but us. "We don't have to keep our relationship a secret. It's all up to you, Babe."

"Wouldn't that mess with the act that we have?" Hikaru asked slightly confused.

"Yup. Kyoya doesn't think we should, but Tamaki disagrees. They decided to leave it up to us," I explained. "Although I don't really understand why Tamaki can't just make decisions himself. He is the club president after all." Haruhi nodded in agreement, but neither of the twins acknowledged what I said.

"Wait, do you want to keep it a secret or-or tell everyone?' Kaoru asked and furrowed his eyebrows. I glanced at him for a second, but my gaze stayed on the lunch box in front of me.

"I want you to decide," I answered. "I'll support you no matter what, Babe, just like how you have for me." After a few seconds of silence, Hikaru decided to speak up.

"Do you two wanna come and eat lunch with us in the cafeteria?" Haruhi and I both nodded before getting up and following them out the door.

Haruhi and I sat down in the same table as Kyoya and Tamaki. I held the chopsticks in my hands and subconsciously tapped them together. I hadn't realized it until Tamaki giggled and said, "You did the thing!"

"Huh?" I muttered before nodding and beginning to eat. "I really can't believe Kyoya was the only one who was constantly suspicious." I glanced at the hosts as I spoke, but my eyes never stayed in the same place. Kyoya smirked softly and nodded once.

"There were many signs pointing that you were. How could I not be?" I nodded to show I agreed. Hikaru and Kaoru sat by me with Kaoru in the middle.

"Since both of you are here now," Tamaki paused. "Have you decided if you're going to keep your relationship a secret or not?" I turned and looked at my boyfriend. He wore a crooked smile as he nodded.

"I think I have," Kaoru whispered.

Wc 1279