022: Ardent 4/4

A Day in the life of the Fujioka Family! Part 4/4

~~~

Ardent:

Adjective.
Having, expressive of, or characterized by intense feeling; passionate; fervent.

☁☂

"You're not that different from Kuma, you know?" Kaoru said. My arm was still around his shoulders, and he was still leaning on me. I raised an eyebrow and stared down at him. 

"Ugh, you're comparing me to Kuma, now? How am I similar to him?" I rolled my eyes and somewhat shook my head disagreeingly. 

"You like the same sort of things," Kaoru shrugged and tilted his head up to make eye contact with me. 

"You two look like a couple," Haruhi pointed out. Kaoru began to blush again. His lips began to form a crooked smile, and I softly laughed a bit. I pulled my arm away from around Kaoru and shifted in my seat a bit. 

"Shut up, Haruhi," I said and continued chuckling.

We did, and I kind of liked it.

"Have you ever dated anyone, Kem?" Tamaki asked from the other side of the table. I felt my heart clench at the memories. I ran my fingers through my hair and kept my eyes down on my lap. 

"Uh, I have, but..." I answered. "It didn't exactly end well. Let's-let's not talk about that," I stuttered then cleared my throat.

After we finished eating, we walked back home the same way we got there. Haruhi and I walked side by side and we lead the group. I shoved my hands into my pockets, and my eyes scanned everything in the area. I could feel Haruhi staring at me. "Kem," Haruhi whispered.

"Yeah, Haru? What's wrong?" I glanced at her for a second. I kept my eyes forward, but I watched her from the corner of my eye. She glanced to the hosts behind us before answering. 

"Do you like Kaoru?" Haruhi whispered. I barely made out what she asked me. I thought for a few moments before I responded. 

"Of course, he's my friend just like Tamaki, Kyoya, and the rest of the hosts," I answered. I grinned internaly. I knew that's not what she was implying. Haruhi groaned and rolled her eyes. 

"Hey, you know that's not what I meant, Kem," Haruhi responded in a louder tone.

"I know," I answered shortly. I didn't say anything else after that. After a second or two, Haruhi sighed and dropped the subject.    

I did, a lot actually.

When we got back home, I unlocked the door and held the door open for everyone. Once everyone was back inside, I shut and locked it. I kicked my shoes off and began walking towards my room. "Where are you going?" Honey-senpai grabbed my wrist and stopped me from walking away. 

"Uh, sorry, Senpai, but I really should go and study now. I'll see you all tomorrow at school," I answered and waved at the other hosts. 

"Aww, do you have to, Kem?" Tamaki complained. I nodded and shrugged before backing into my room. 

I grabbed the binder, folders, and my school bag and sat down at my desk. What if I revealed who I am during one of my concerts..? I began to stare off into space while I gave the idea some thought.

I don't know if Soseki or the label company would agree, but I know Dad and Haruhi would support my decisions no matter what. Haru already told me that, and Dad just wants to be able to show off that I'm his son. He's always been very proud of me, and I know he'd love to boast to his co-workers and customers.

Obviously, I would tell the hosts before I showed up on stage and took my disguise off near the end of a show. They are my friends, and I think I should tell them myself. I'm pretty sure this would change whatever is going on with Kaoru and me. How could it not? I sighed and closed the binder. I couldn't care less about the venues or the opening band.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called my manager. He answered only after a few rings. "Kemuri, hey," he greeted. "I was just about to call you. Did Amaya give you the folders?"

"Yeah, she did, Soseki," I responded. "I looked over them, but-"

"But you got bored and decided to let me figure everything out?" He cut me off. Soseki let out a breathy laugh. I hummed approvingly, and he replied, "I knew you would, Kem. Are you free tomorrow at 6 in the afternoon? I'd like to meet up with you and discuss some details."

"Yeah, sure, I can," I answered. "I actually wanted to ask you some things too, but it can wait until tomorrow." The phone call ended shortly after that. I hid the folders at the bottom of a desk drawer that held nothing but empty notebooks and unused pens and pencils. I guess I can do some actual studying.

Some time passed, there was a knock on my door. I knew it wasn't Haruhi by the way the knock sounded, but I shouted back a "come in" without asking who it was. Hikaru walked in and quietly closed the door behind him. I raised an eyebrow and leaned back in my chair. "Uh, yeah?" I said unsurely. 

"We need to talk, Kemuri," the older Hitachiin said with a serious tone. I shrugged then motioned for him to continue. Hikaru sat on the side of my bed, and I swiveled the chair around and faced him. My body faced him, but my eyes didn't. "Do you have feelings for my brother?"

YES.

"Um, I... uh, I'm sorry, what?" I stuttered back. My eyes instantly met his, and I stared at him with an uncertain look on my face. 

"You said you are bi, right? So, that means you like guys too?" Hikaru asked. I furrowed my eyebrows and nodded slowly. "I know the three of us do that whole flirting thing, but you always seem to get closer to Kaoru. Do you like him?" 

I was silent for a moment. My gaze drifted away, and I furrowed my eyebrows. In a soft tone, I asked, "Why are you asking me this?"

"He's my younger brother," Hikaru paused. "I thought you'd understand. I want him to be happy, but if he starts liking someone like you then..." Hikaru trailed off, and his eyes drifted away. I tilted my head slightly and watched him for a moment. 

"Kaoru likes me. I know that and so do you," I spoke up. I propped both my arms up on the armrests of my chair and rested my head in my hand. "Part of you doesn't want him to like me because then that means he'd spend more time around me and less time around you, huh? The other part of you, the part that wants your little brother to be happy, wants me to like him back, so Kaoru isn't hurt," I pointed out. Hikaru's eyes snapped back towards me. His expression showed a mixture of emotions; it was mostly embarrassment and anger. 

"You-You don't know that," Hikaru denied and shook his head. I sighed softly and turned back around. 

"Yeah, I do," I answered. "I know that because the same thing happened to Haruhi and me when I began dating. We were very dependant on each other much like you and Kaoru, but we both figured out we couldn't be like that forever." Again, the room was silent. Hikaru asked his initial question. 

"Do you have feelings for my brother?"

Wc 1259