015: Thalassophobia 2/4

The Sun the Sea and the Host Club! Part 2/4

~~~

Thalassophobia:

Noun.
An intense and often unwarranted fear of the ocean.

☁☂☁

The twins and Tamaki stood only a few feet away from me. I stuck my bookmark between two of the pages and shut the book. "We were completely fooled, huh?" Hikaru said to his brother.

"Who'd have thought he'd bring guests with us?" Kaoru agreed.

"You were invited on this all-expenses-paid vacation for a reason, and that is to keep our clients entertained," Kyoya cut in. I leaned back and propped myself up with my arms. The book rested in my lap, and I turned to face the three hosts.

"But with guests here Haruhi won't be able to wear her swimsuit," the brothers responded in unison. I rolled my eyes then furrowed my eyebrows.

"Everything has been taken into account. Did you think that I would let my dear little girl in her swimsuit be exposed to your eyes?" Tamaki replied. He was sitting in a beach chair on the other side of Kyoya. "And then, come sundown, Haruhi and I will take a stroll, just the two of us, along by the shore!~" He began to daydream about my little sister. I stood up and walked towards the twins again. I grabbed the beach ball from Hikaru's hand and threw it at the blonde. Tamaki let out a small yelp and flinched.

"Hey, Tamaki? Um... don't daydream about my sister?" I hummed sarcastically then crossed my arms over my chest. Tamaki nodded vigorously, and I went back to the towel. Haruhi was called over by Honey, so it was just me and my book.

"Kemuri-kun? Can we sit with you?" A set of girls asked. It was a different two girls than earlier. I stared at them for a second then nodded and motioned to the empty space on the towel.

"Sure, that would be nice," I answered. I turned my body, so I would be facing them. "Are you girls having fun?"

"Mhmm, yeah!" The brunette responded. Her friend nodded in agreement. "Why aren't you swimming or playing volleyball with the twins? Why are you just sitting here, Kemuri-kun?"

"I never really liked getting in the ocean. It's just some irrational fear. It's not a big deal," I chuckled nervously and looked away. From the corner of my eye, I could see the two girls smile and glance at each other. The brunette, the girl closest to me set her hand on my knee.

"It's okay, Kemuri. Everyone has some sort of fear," she said in a soft and gentle tone. I stared at her hand for a second then lifted my gaze to meet her's.

"Thanks," I whispered back and softly smiled at her. I placed my hand over her smaller one, and she instantly began to blush violently.

"Ye-yeah, no problem," She stuttered and pulled her hand away. The girl beside her looked sort of... dazed? Like how Reizo looks when he's stoned. I don't fucking know.

"Centipede!" The girls on the beach shouted. I turned my head towards the direction the girls' were running from. I softly excused myself and began to stand up.

"Wait, where are you going?" The guest looked at me with a confused expression. Once I pulled myself up from the floor and to standing position, I answered without looking back.

"Take a look at the centipede." I walked towards where Haruhi and Tamaki were standing. There was a centipede crawling on the crab that Tamaki was holding, and Tamaki was frozen in fear. Haruhi picked the centipede up with her index and thumb. Once her brown eyes landed on me, she handed me to bug. I held it in my palm and examined it for a minute.

"What are you doing, Muri?" Hikaru and Kaoru asked in unison. They stood a little further away than usual. I gently tossed the centipede in the rocks beside us. I made sure to throw it softly enough, so it wouldn't be hurt.

"Just looking at it," I muttered and shrugged. "Why are you all scared of it? It's not gonna hurt you," I added.

"Hey, Haruhi," the twins ignored me and turned to my sister. I stood by Tamaki and watched him snap out of his thoughts.

"Dude, it's just a bug. Don't be such a wimp," I chuckled and smirked at the blonde.

"Usually, though, girls react quite differently," I began listening to the twins again. I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Haven't you realized Haru isn't like everybody else?" I scoffed. The twins rolled their eyes and muttered something underneath their breath. Haruhi had walked off again, leaving me with the twins and Tamaki.

"Isn't there anything she's afraid of?" Tamaki thought out loud. I nodded and pressed my lips into a thin line. I knew she was afraid of thunder, but I wasn't gonna go around telling people that. It would only embarrass her.

"I think I'm going to go back to reading now," I muttered softly. I ran one of my hands through my hair and trudged back towards the towel.

My brown eyes scanned the words of the pages. Right as I was about to close the book and find something else to do, a blonde and red-head girl wearing matching red and black two-piece approached me. "Kemuri-kun, may I sit with you?" The blonde spoke with a gentle voice.

"Go ahead," I answered and shifted my body to face her. "So, uh, what are your names?" I asked not really knowing what to say.

"I'm Karin and this is Fumie," The red-head responded with a smile. "It's nice to meet you!"

"It's a pleasure to meet you too, ladies," I replied and set the book in hands down. "Are you having fun? Your bathing suits are pretty cute," I added to keep the conversation going.

We continued speaking about anything. A few other guests even joined us. I sat on the towel with five other girls. I hadn't really remembered all of their names, so I resorted to calling them an assortment of pet names. "Don't say that, Babe. I think you look gorgeous," I complimented after one of the girls had made a self-deprecating joke. A few of them awwed, and a few swooned and stared at me with hearts in their eyes. Instead of looking at any of them, I watched the sunset for a moment. I shifted a bit then pulled one knee up to my chest and kept the other crossed.

"K-Kem-muri!" A girl wearing a white two-piece whimpered. "It's Haruhi... he's in trouble," she cried out and motioned to a cliff by the ocean.

"Go tell Tamaki," I answered quickly. Without thinking, I jolted up and began running towards where she pointed.

There were two guys on the cliff. One had his arms around two girls, and the other was pushing Haruhi closer to the edge. He pushed her over the edge, and it was like I wasn't in control anymore. I ripped the guy away from Haruhi and, with all my strength, swung at his face. He instantly let go of Haruhi, so I grabbed her forearms and pulled her away from the edge of the cliff.

The second guy had frozen for a second meaning his grip had loosened, and the girls ran. He ignored the girls and stepped closer to check on his friend. "What the hell, man?!" The guy that I had punched shouted. "What's wrong with you!?"

"What's wrong with me? Seriously? Don't fuckin' try and push people over a cliff! Don't fucking try to make girls do stuff if they say no!" I shouted and shoved his shoulders.

The rest of the host ran closer towards us, and Haruhi had moved closer towards them. Before anyone could do or say anything, the guy had pushed me off the cliff. "Ke-Kem!" I heard Haruhi shout right before I was engulfed in the cold ocean water.

Wc 1372